To top

In a slump then this happened...

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster

In a slump then this happened...

Postby Bill Hewes » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:06 am

It isn't bad enough I've been in a slump as far as painting goes. Now I have a thoracic compound fracture (In the middle of the spine). Talk about pain in your back. :shock: The past week all I've done was lay down and sleep because of the pain. The more I move around the more pain I'm in. So even if I wanted I don't think I can paint. But I have been thinking as soon as I can I think I'll do a lot of pours on 12 in. x 12 in. / 30 cm. x 30 cm. paintings and see what I can make out of them. I find sometimes I can make them into a landscape scenes. That look like they are from another planet. The others I just pour over them again until I see something I like. :)

Anyway Happy painting and remember you only make happy accidents :lol:
Cartoonman
Substantial poster

Re: In a slump then this happened...

Postby Cartoonman » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:43 pm

Wow that's sad sorry to hear that. You get well soon
D :D .Don
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster

Postby Bill Hewes » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:58 am

Thanks Don
MiChelleAngella
Extreme poster

Postby MiChelleAngella » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:12 am

I can imagine the pain and discomfort from your injury.
Hope you will feel better soon
Grandaddyearl
Postaholic

Postby Grandaddyearl » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:34 pm

I can certainly relate to your problem. Have not been able to get my mind back into drawing since I broke my foot, upper leg, and hip back in November which required a ton of metal to fix me. Outside of not being able to get into drawing I can’t go out in lighting storms anymore. Just thinking about going back to my sketching 5 months later. Have the pen in my hand, the paper in front of me, but haven’t put a line on the paper yet.
MiChelleAngella
Extreme poster

Postby MiChelleAngella » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:34 am

It was after I broke my foot in 3 places and even though it healed up fine, I realized that I couldn't find it in me to paint again after the incident..
I keep trying though, but I seem to have lost something after breaking my bones.
Perhaps creativity is in our bones ? :lol:
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster

Postby Bill Hewes » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:01 pm

MiChelleAngella I think your right. Break something art your art is gone :cry:

It'll come back, I'll think of it as starting over. Well that's what it will be when I pick up a brush.

The only thing I keep thinking about is pouring some paints and then review them after they dry to see what I can make out of them. Or paint an Optical Art painting they only take time drawing and laying out on the canvas. I could paint another Puzzled painting.

Got the ideas, just got to be able to do it lol Right now I don't see myself rotating/moving around a 48 in. x 40 in. canvas.

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”