Please enter a valid username

Show Please type a password

Forgot your password?

Please enter your username

Please enter a valid email

Show Please type a password

Lost your password? Enter your email address to reset it.

Please enter a valid email

Back to log-in

Close

Introducing blogging, updated gallery

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster
Re: Introducing blogging, updated gallery

Postby Bill Hewes » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:20 am

Hey Blood, I can post about other topics not just painting? Like my Cigar Box Guitars that I build?
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:30 pm

Artistview wrote:Hey Blood, I can post about other topics not just painting? Like my Cigar Box Guitars that I build?

Definitely - it's totally up to you.
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster

Postby Bill Hewes » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:47 pm

Okay Cool :-) Can I post my guitars on my regular pages as well Or keep it just paintings. Because I would like a place I can post my paintings and the cigar box guitars.
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster

Postby Bill Hewes » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:56 pm

I just found in the Pre-view the YouTube video shows up. But the video doesn't show up in the Blog post.

https://www.foundmyself.com/Artistview/blog/post/cigar-box-guitar-brad-nail-frets-gorilla-super-glue-gel-holds-61
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:52 pm

To answer both your posts:

1) Anything that's not completely non-art related can be posted to your FM gallery, so YES on the guitars. That and anything else is also good for the blog.

2) Sorry for the trouble - at the moment video embedding isn't available, but hopefully soon! For now you can always post a link to the video. If the video embeds (i.e. you can see the actual video in the editor), just click the Undo arrow (or CTRL+Z or CMD+Z) and it will revert back to a link.
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster

Postby Bill Hewes » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:27 pm

Okay I'll hold off on the videos for now. Because the ones I post for the guitars I show how to make them. Of course a video is better than words. Plus I'd like to keep who ever is viewing it on the site not take them to my YouTube or Archive page. When you do get the video embed can you also allow videos for archive.org? I use that site for video and audio files.
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster

Postby Bill Hewes » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:02 am

Blood,
I use the embed code and put it on my website. So it displays my FM Gallery. If you click on the Blog and then click on a post it shows an error
"Reach site not found"
with this information below it.

"It looks like the webite you're looking for has either expired, or in some strange logic-destroying glitch in the universe, never existed at all.
The good news is that you can sign up for your own art website here!"

You also need to fix the word "webite"
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:04 pm

Artistview wrote:Blood,
I use the embed code and put it on my website. So it displays my FM Gallery. If you click on the Blog and then click on a post it shows an error
"Reach site not found"
with this information below it.

"It looks like the webite you're looking for has either expired, or in some strange logic-destroying glitch in the universe, never existed at all.
The good news is that you can sign up for your own art website here!"

You also need to fix the word "webite"

Thanks for the heads-up on the spelling. Currently the blog is only available on the paid version of Reach, and comes with an extra 5GB of storage for images to be posted into the blog.

(E.g. https://www.artistbrandiebutcher.com/blog/home or https://www.richmckinneyart.com/blog/home)
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster

Postby Bill Hewes » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:47 pm

The Blog is on my gallery and I don't have a Reach site.

But anyway I was editing a post and the Backspace doesn't work. I was just trying to see how it worked. Plus if this is for paid hosting you need to work on the bug/error that's causing it to show up on non-paid galleries. But then again I seem to be the only one reporting bugs to help you out. Maybe people aren't using the Blog.

Myself I think it's a great feature. I can add info about my guitars and post info about my paintings. Other than posting them in the gallery.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:54 pm

Artistview wrote:The Blog is on my gallery and I don't have a Reach site.

But anyway I was editing a post and the Backspace doesn't work. I was just trying to see how it worked. Plus if this is for paid hosting you need to work on the bug/error that's causing it to show up on non-paid galleries. But then again I seem to be the only one reporting bugs to help you out. Maybe people aren't using the Blog.

Myself I think it's a great feature. I can add info about my guitars and post info about my paintings. Other than posting them in the gallery.

The blog in the gallery here works as expected - I was referring to the free Reach site that you have showing at http://abstractartist.xyz/, which is where you were getting the message, right?

People are using the blog, yes. :)

Where was the backspace not working when you tried it?

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”