To top

Transport-bigger canvas and introduction

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
vanjazanze
New poster

Transport-bigger canvas and introduction

Postby vanjazanze » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:18 am

Hello, I am New Here and I Like artworks in this page very much. Some artists are really amazing. I have a question : How to transport bigger canvas? Is it possible to remove wooden frame,roll the canvas and send. Because I have some nice big canvas artworks that I dont offer For sale cause dont know How to send. If I send Like a package to USA For instance, shipping is very high,about 80$. So I suppose People dont want to pay so much.But if I send Like a "letter" than it is ok price,about 15$....Please give me some advice. Thanks.
Getahgrip
New poster

Re: Transport-bigger canvas and introduction

Postby Getahgrip » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi, and welcome to FM. I believe your artwork can be rolled and shipped in a tube, then remounted to a frame in its new home. I would make sure the new owner understands this process. Also get a second opinion!

Nick
vanjazanze
New poster

Postby vanjazanze » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Thank you for your oppinion....I tought so.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:20 pm

You might want to do a test run with an old canvas that you've painted and plan on reusing. I wonder, since you paint in acrylics, how tightly they can be rolled before cracking. Maybe very tightly – but better safe than sorry.

Getahgrip makes a good point about relaying this to the buyer clearly, too.

Good luck!
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster

Postby Bill Hewes » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:05 am

I only paint with acrylics and I have a number of them rolled up. It isn't that bad rolled up. But I painted them on canvas taped to the wall. If your painting on a stretched canvas I'm sure it will be hard to line everything up again. To me if they are willing to purchase the painting they should be willing to pay the shipping fees.

But I know there's an artist on YouTube and he said he removes the painting from the stretcher bars and tells people to stretch it right away. So to be honest I guess it's up to you.
vanjazanze
New poster

Postby vanjazanze » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:57 am

Artistview ok I will think about it...Thanks
vanjazanze
New poster

Postby vanjazanze » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:58 am

bloodjelly wrote:You might want to do a test run with an old canvas that you've painted and plan on reusing. I wonder, since you paint in acrylics, how tightly they can be rolled before cracking. Maybe very tightly – but better safe than sorry.

Getahgrip makes a good point about relaying this to the buyer clearly, too.

Good luck!

Ok I will think about it, thanks

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”