To top

Site Main Category Selection

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster

Site Main Category Selection

Postby Bill Hewes » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:51 am

Trevor,
Not even sure if you update or want to leave the categories as they are. But I thought I'd ask.

Do you update the categories we can select to post our art under? I'm just trying to think of ways to narow down what genre people might search for. Because I was thinking if we had more Main categories it might help with searches and you could remove Key Words.

Because I have done searches using Hard-edge and you get more non-hard-edge paintings than hard-edge paintings, same thing for Op Art. Because people must be putting hard edge and Op Art in the key words section to help with searches.

Which isn't right, I don't put Pop Art, fauvist or something under my painting that doesn't fit a style. I maybe only one of a few that it bothers. But we need to find away to stop people from using what ever they want as far as key words. So I was thinking maybe adding more Main Categories and remove Key Words.

Pretty much using key words makes it a free for all and it must bother some people that do searches on the site.

For example, I get ticked off at Amazon at times and go to another site and buy what I'm looking for. Because the search brings up items I'm not even looking for.
I'm like, this isn't what I searched for!!! Why am I seeing everything but what I want????? lol

Current selection:

Abstract
Cubist
Expressionist
Fauvist
Impressionist
Post-impressionist
Realistic
Pop Art
Pointillist
Primutvust
Surreal
Other

Below are some categories I was thinking of. This way people can search for a style and then base their search on Price, Size, Orientation, etc..

Abstract
Abstract Expressionism
Art Noveau
Avant-garde
Baroque
Classicism
Conceptual Art
Constructivism
Cubist
Dada / Dadaism
Expressionism
Fauvist