How do you really feel about your Art?

Whatever you feel like chatting about that doesn't fit in other forums. New members - feel free to introduce yourselves here.
ArtNewB
Substantial poster
Substantial poster

Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:50 am  

Thank you so much for this forum so that I can continue to share. Sometimes, I would rather there is no statistics, no comments, and no others pictures prompted into my eyes in the Dashboard. I finally find out this online art gallery is just like a game, and everyone is playing the video games, sometimes you think you can win and most of times you are a loser. Unlike many successful artists who are making money for art selling, I just want to share, but I don’t want to be lonely, so I want the views and praise too. that cause some disappointment to myself for many times. I sometimes pretended to be a good man, and “ kiss others ass” in return for their views or likes, but it doesn’t always work very well. My best time in this website was 2020, and then I felt more and more challenges. I think it is because I didn’t really know about this game. Here I want share what I am thinking, if you need to make a income or living by art selling, go ahead and continue to use all your tactics to “destroy “ the others so that you can be the number one, but if you don’t have a good background, I advise you take it easy and continue focus on your routine job first, no matter you like it or not. For me, I would put a tape on my head with the letters on” forget the viewers and praise” and back to the future.

BogStandad
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:37 am  

Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work. Stephen King

From my own experience the most difficult thing to draw is an income but it seems to me that the easiest way to do that is off line as a real person to person. I presume you are not very old, possibly still in school but I think you are a little older than that and I can see that you are able to inspect and translate because of the accuracy in the work you have posted. Sadly it seems that being good doesn't mean very much at all when it comes to selling the work and it also seems it doesn't happen over night even if it does happen. It is something you need to build as well as building images and that is the issue because as I have tried to say already selling is about marketing not about drawing. Another big issue is everybody on this site is trying to do the same as you so the competition is bigger here than most other places but that does not mean that the Foundmyself website/forum is useless because it is not, it is very useful. As you have already pointed out, anything I write on here to help others helps everybody so makes it less effective as everybody else will make it less effective because it would possibly be over used and exposed.

Blessings be for being.

ArtNewB
Substantial poster
Substantial poster

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:03 am  

Thank you so much for your wisdom! BogStandad! I apologize for my last share, it is a little bit sounds like unfriendly. I promise I would be a better man after all and the grumbling won’t come out from my mouth again!

BogStandad
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:53 am  

No worries.

The book below is worth looking at for some marketing understanding.

INFLUENCE
The Psychology
of
Persuasion
ROBERT B. CIALDINI PH.D.

https://media.indianpdf.com/visitors-up ... Online.pdf

gumgee13
New poster
New poster

Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:29 am  

hi-
New user here. I usually feel really good about a piece but that has more to do with the act of painting rather than the finished product. I generally like to be surprised, so if it starts falling into the usual tropes it can feel a little banal.

BogStandad
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:51 am  

Hi gumgee13, welcome to FoundMySelf

"Success is a journey not a destination" I think Aristotle said that the end result was nothing compared with the process of getting to it, so it looks like your not alone in feeling that way. Congratulations on reaching a truth, it is a good mile stone.

All the best. :D

ArtNewB
Substantial poster
Substantial poster

Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:24 am  

Here I want to share my views about a young man in this website who is currently doing his comic book. I want to give him some advice, but I don’t want to hurt his feeling because when I look at the characters he created in his comic book, those characters are looked the characters in the Old School. Young artists always are too hurry to become successful, but out there, the reality is unmerciful, if you are not ready and you go to the competition in a hurry, you are killing yourself: you’ll be exhausted but you won’t get what you want, after then, you would be frustrated. Young fellows, take ArtNewB’s advice, get a good degree from the college and get a nice job first, and fellow your dream to become a successful artist later because you still have plenty times to do those stuff in the future. May be BogStandad or Bloodjerry can share some wisdom about this.

BogStandad
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:10 am  

"Here I want to share my views about a young man in this website who is currently doing his comic book. I want to give him some advice, but I don’t want to hurt his feeling because when I look at the characters he created in his comic book, those characters are looked the characters in the Old School."

For all you know and for all I know, I could quite easily be an algorithm designed for purpose, also you could be as well so there is no guarantee that any of us or anything is real, can we even define real, really? You might hurt someones feelings but how can you be sure, you are not them and only know what you are told with the same applying to all of us, you might make them the happiest person in the whole wide world also, we just don't know. I would say if you don't try to hurt someones feelings then you will not be guilty of hurting someones feelings but lets be honest people hurt their own feelings, others can't really do that because nobody could know another's feelings. The other point is this is a cruel and heartless world, where everyone is for themselves, it's a dog eat dog world where there is always someone smarter, bigger, or cooler than you so realistically it would be best if we all just get ourselves used to it for our own good.

The bottom line is: you don't seem like a cruel person and so you are only going to do what you think is good, regardless of the outcome, plus I am sure your intentions are good.
If they are posting stuff then really they are not posting it because they don't want it seen and so they must to some extent be prepared for some form of comment good or bad but probably hoping for it to be good.
Don't try to be nasty and most likely you won't be.

All the best. :D
Blessings be for being.

ArtNewB
Substantial poster
Substantial poster

Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:29 am  

Thank you so much for your feedback! BogStandad! You are right, I may be wrong, so I won’t say anything to hurt any one, and I have no right to judge, I just here to share my thoughts. Hope that more people can read your feedback.

BogStandad
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:37 pm  

Yeah, cool, I have reflected further and perhaps questions are a good way to go.

Blessings be for being. :D

•   Information