Please enter a valid username

Show Please type a password

Forgot your password?

Please enter your username

Please enter a valid email

Show Please type a password

Lost your password? Enter your email address to reset it.

Please enter a valid email

Back to log-in

Close

Brick & Mortar Art Galleries are they worth it any more?

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster

Brick & Mortar Art Galleries are they worth it any more?

Postby Bill Hewes » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:09 am

I have a friend and he doesn't like art galleries at all. He will never put his art in one. I was a member of an art gallery. But the one thing I noticed when they did a juried show it seemed like it was the same artists over and over. So it was really hard for a new artist to get their work in a show. For promotion the sent out mailers to all the members. Which has me asking why? I'm a member and I'm an artist. Why are you sending me and all of the other artist a notice about the show? Know who showed up? All of the other artists.

But anyway my question is do you as an artist. Think we need galleries any more with the internet, web sites, social media and so on. We can reach people ourselves today just using the internet alone. You could start an ad campaign and send everyone right to your FM page and get sales that way. Post on FB, Twitter, Instagram and so on. So do we really need a gallery any more? By gallery I mean a brick and mortar building.

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”