Please enter a valid username

Show Please type a password

Forgot your password?

Please enter your username

Please enter a valid email

Show Please type a password

Lost your password? Enter your email address to reset it.

Please enter a valid email

Back to log-in

Close

Anyone get into the NFT market?

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster
Anyone get into the NFT market?

Postby Bill Hewes » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:58 pm

Is anyone making NFTs? I started making NFTs of my paintings and posting them on a site called OpenSea.io Only found out it can cost a few dollars to get started. It kind of gave me sticker shock when I posted my first one.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: Anyone get into the NFT market?

Postby bloodjelly » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:50 pm

Bill Hewes wrote:Is anyone making NFTs? I started making NFTs of my paintings and posting them on a site called OpenSea.io Only found out it can cost a few dollars to get started. It kind of gave me sticker shock when I posted my first one.

Nope. What drew you into it? The concept makes sense to me as I (kinda) understand it—that the extrinsic value of something provably unique/rare/desirable is "real" so long as people agree on it, whether it's a physical product or otherwise.

Since what people agree is valuable at any given point isn't certain, and this product is a relatively new fish in the sea, it seems a little frothy as far as investments are concerned. Have you seen any results or learned anything interesting about the market? Best of luck with your exploring!
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster

Re: Anyone get into the NFT market?

Postby Bill Hewes » Fri May 14, 2021 8:02 pm

I've been into crypto for a few about 10 years or so. I don't own much but I've always kept up on what's going on. So I thought I'd make some digital abstract art and see what happens. Of course not being well known who knows when I'll sell something. The market is flooded right now with all kinds of people thinking they will strike it rich quick. I am finding you need to have a large following online in the crypto area or be a well-known digital artist to make any real sales. I've had people tell me some of my prices are crazy. So I post a link to the gallery I work with and then I don't hear from them again lol I even had a guy telling me the art in my gallery on here is so so. But when they find out what my paintings sell for they suddenly stop commenting and I've had people delete their comments. Everyone thinks they're an art critic I guess.

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”