To top

Site updates

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Site updates

Postby bloodjelly » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:34 pm

If you've been to the gallery lately you've probably seen the changes, but for the record and those of you that still can't find the gallery, here you go:

- Added a search box that lets you find all art for sale (Reminder: add good, relevant keywords to your art!)
- Added a version of the Lightbox script to replace the outdated pop-up.
- Added a button to show all art for sale when viewing a Resident member's gallery
- Added a loading animation to the upload page, hypnotizing you until your upload is done
- Made various code updates/speed improvements

Outside the gallery you probably noticed your "Control panel" link acts as a menu now, giving you quick access to useful items.

Woooooooop! :P
jmckelvin
Postaholic

Postby jmckelvin » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:05 am

Awesome :D
I really dig the drop down menu because I had a hard time finding a few of those links before.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:07 am

Quinzel wrote:Awesome :D
I really dig the drop down menu because I had a hard time finding a few of those links before.

Cool, glad it works for you.
TUNER
Substantial poster

LOOKS GREAT!

Postby TUNER » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:48 pm

I like the new site changes!
I have been away for some time, but hope to be back soon. Still taking care of my arm, and now, my eye. What's an artist to do?!?! I will check in more often as soon as I can see the monitor again to read the posts. Lol.
Take care all!
TUNER
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: LOOKS GREAT!

Postby bloodjelly » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:12 pm

TUNER wrote:I like the new site changes!
I have been away for some time, but hope to be back soon. Still taking care of my arm, and now, my eye. What's an artist to do?!?! I will check in more often as soon as I can see the monitor again to read the posts. Lol.
Take care all!
TUNER

Thanks, and hope your recovery hurries up and recovers you :)
TUNER
Substantial poster

Postby TUNER » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:44 pm

Thanks Bloodjelly!

Hey--I can always take up surreal abstract art--lol.

Never stop creating!! Muh-wa-haa-haa!!

TUNER
jmckelvin
Postaholic

Postby jmckelvin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:55 am

Awesome new features now I definitely have to take some photos of my new work to put up on here.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:15 am

Quinzel wrote:Awesome new features now I definitely have to take some photos of my new work to put up on here.

Yes, do that :)
ccombs
Substantial poster

Postby ccombs » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:33 am

The Honor System makes the top "Shop" link a lot less important. Can you move that function to the drop-down Control Panel menu, and redirect the "Shop" link in the top header to link to art-for-sale.php ? I think that casual visitors would expect the Shop link to show them artwork that they could buy.

(Same for Styles. Does that matter to one-off visitors?)

Heck, let's go all the way. The Home link is unnecessary, since you've got the logo linking to it at the left. And once they're into the site, I bet visitors aren't gonna want to go to the front page too often. So how about this nav bar:

• Look at Art (/gallery/)
  • Buy Art (art-for-sale.php)
  • Talk Art (/forum/)
  • Commission Art (/request/)

Left-hand sidebar doesn't really need "Please Give Back" as it's duplicative against the Honor System link, and conveys an air of desperation. (Forgive me. But it's so.) And could the Honor System badge be moved below the beta media menu?

A lot of unsolicited advice from a newbie, I know. I don't mean to seem ungrateful. But this seems like a good opportunity to reinvent the site for ease of use and Google ranking.
ccombs
Substantial poster

Postby ccombs » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:38 am

"Artist Rating" in the Honor Badge rating implies that there's been some quorom of people that have decided that I am a Bad Artist. This is a little punishing. What about "Rapport," "Kinship," some other way of conveying that it is my community participation and not my art that is being ranked?

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”