To top

Ye Olde FM Pub

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
Gary Dee
Extreme poster

Re: Ye Olde FM Pub

Postby Gary Dee » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:43 pm

Carson Collins wrote:Why thank you Gary Dee! I accept with gratitude. As we all hasten towards the long-awaited Apocalypse and the rather more dubious Rapture, I think that it's important that we should all drink as much as possible.

Bartender! Another round for all of my friends!

Thank you, Brother. Image And how about a big 'A-MEN' to "as much as possible"! :lol: Image :lol:
Art by Gary Dee
Gary Dee's Gallery
Gary Dee Wingo's Original Paintings Portfolio

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" *John Lennon*
Life is not about surviving the storm...its learning to dance in the rain.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:12 pm

Gary Dee, have a tequila with a beer chaser on me: Here's to the end of the world.

Salud .

And good riddance to bad rubbish.

Of course, we're not actually talking about the end of the World (aka Planet Earth), we're toasting to the end of the species of so-called Homo Sapiens.

A million years after the last naked ape is dead, the Planet will be just fine.
xiaochun3612
New poster

Postby xiaochun3612 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Damnit!!!! I'm late to another party again, missed out on all the fun. :cry: Oh well then guess I'll have Jack to keep me company, he likes rocks ya know. Unfortunately my other buddy Jim has a coke problem. By the time everyone gets back I'll be having a deep conversation with joni....
Gary Dee
Extreme poster

Postby Gary Dee » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:07 am

xiaochun3612 wrote:Damnit!!!! I'm late to another party again, missed out on all the fun. :cry: Oh well then guess I'll have Jack to keep me company, he likes rocks ya know. Unfortunately my other buddy Jim has a coke problem. By the time everyone gets back I'll be having a deep conversation with joni....

Well, it appears we have a new member! WELCOME to FM, xiaochun3612! (that's quite a handle you have there. :wink: ) May I just call you xia?
Let me be the first to buy you a drink! Bartender, put xia's next drink on my tab!

It's great to have you with us!
Image :D

And Carson, thanks mucho for the Tequila & chaser!!!!! (5:00 somewhere!) :lol:
Art by Gary Dee
Gary Dee's Gallery

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" *John Lennon*
Debbie Adams
Extreme poster

Postby Debbie Adams » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:16 am

@ Carson
Seen both those movies...liked them both.
Thank you for the drink. I'll have a shot of tequila
@ C-nick
Hey there sweetie, how have you been?
@ Gary
Loved your uploads of the Tattoo. Thanks for the drinks. I'll have a bud, preferably light to chase down my shot.
A round of drinks for all of you.
Gary, you get to have all the cold beers you need since you are having probably, the worst drought and heat, with high heat indexes in history.
Gary Dee
Extreme poster

Postby Gary Dee » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:28 am

Thanks, Deb.
This weather is a great excuse to have a lot of cold ones! Image
Even all the animals here are praying for some cooler weather:Image :lol:
Art by Gary Dee
Gary Dee's Gallery

Rebecca Milne
Extreme poster

Postby Rebecca Milne » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Hello Gary
Just got you an orange juice to go with my double gin and tonic. How are you it seems ages since I was here but I haven't forgotten my buddies. I have branched out intro portrait paintings so you may see some of my latest work soon. :lol:

Life is good busy in the garden when I'm not painting hoping for rain it's been dry here near drought conditions which is rare in the UK still if I keep drinking I could maybe even out things in my flower beds :roll: :lol:

Take care and be seeing you soon hugs
"You must choose a road for yourself." " Pray that God never puts you on my road...."check out my website http://www.freewebs.com/coolat34
Gary Dee
Extreme poster

Postby Gary Dee » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:02 am

Hi there Gorgeous! It's great hearing from you! Image

(Thanks for the OJ!) I can't wait to see your latest work! Please do come back around soon! Miss ya Darlin'. :wink:
Art by Gary Dee
Gary Dee's Gallery

Debbie Adams
Extreme poster

Postby Debbie Adams » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:37 am

Rebecca,
I'm so sorry I missed you. Hope you stop in again. Take care of that garden.

Can you believe it.....it rained like h#ll last night; thunder too; it kept me up half the night.
Gary, have you had any rain yet? I know you've been dry out there. It's been bad here too; everything is brown from the drought. We did have a few drops of rain last week, but not enough to count for anything.

Carson,
I was looking through your Ocean Series and it just keeps growing into an awesome selection of peace and mediation, wonderful works and additions

Bartender, a round of drinks for Rebecca (if she comes back), Carson and Gary.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:24 am

Why, Debbie, how kind of you to say so! I just got back from a silent Vipassana meditation retreat in the Sierra Mountains of northern California, so of course I am feeling quite talkative and rather dry as well.

I'm at an old friend's house in Reno Nevada for a few more hours awaiting a 1:15 pm flight to Denver Colorado to visit my girlfriend whom I haven't seen in 4 months.

The weather up there in the mountains is normally gorgeous this month but this past winter broke all records for snowfall so the place (Origin - one of the loveliest pieces of real estate I've ever seen) was a slushy, muddy mess with broken trees and branches all over the place. I stayed in a little tiny cabin by what is normally a lovely little lake but was actually a large stinky mud pit because the caretaker had to divert the stream that feeds it (normally a gentle little brook but now a raging brown torrent) to keep the earthen dam from being washed out. Everywhere I tried to walk was either wet slushy snow that wouldn't bear one's weight and - crunch! up to the thigh in the damn' stuff or else sucking muck that clung to one's boots in great, ever-expanding blobs.

Not at all like the green grass, wildflowers and blue lake that I was expecting. I must have taken those muddy waterproof boots on and off 80 times in 5 days. Spiritual Boot Camp!

The good news is that neither the beautiful huge house that we built back in '79 nor any of the out buildings were crushed by the snow or falling trees, and John Travis was in top form. I only wish it had been 9 days instead of 5. Five days isn't long enough; just about the time my meditation started to get deep (the first few days of sitting are like Chinese torture) - poof! - it was over.

Well, better luck next year.

So, how are things out your way?

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”