Please enter a valid username

Show Please type a password

Forgot your password?

Please enter your username

Please enter a valid email

Show Please type a password

Lost your password? Enter your email address to reset it.

Please enter a valid email

Back to log-in

Close

Ye Olde FM Pub

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Re: Ye Olde FM Pub

Postby Carson Collins » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:27 am

Debbie Adams wrote:
Gary Dee wrote:
Carson Collins wrote:

Bartender, whatever -and however many- drinks Mr. Collins should desire......put it on Deb's tab! :lol:

I'm sure glad I never run out of virtual money.

Double Monopolowa vodka martini , very dry, with black olives.

That would be straight up, Johnny, there's a good fellow. And pour yourself a shot as well; my dear friend Debbie is buying. And, while you're at it, another round for everyone on the house. :mrgreen:
Debbie Adams
Extreme poster

Postby Debbie Adams » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:46 am

Carson Collins wrote:
That would be straight up, Johnny, there's a good fellow. And pour yourself a shot as well; my dear friend Debbie is buying. And, while you're at it, another round for everyone on the house. :mrgreen:

Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:01 am

The virtual bar, what a great concept! You never run out of money, you never get intoxicated, and anything's possible. What the hell, I'm making myself a virtual billionaire, so, Johnny, come to think of it, just put everything on my tab today. :mrgreen:
Debbie Adams
Extreme poster

Postby Debbie Adams » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:41 am

No, really, you are right, Carson. It is wonderful. In the world of web and words. One can be anything they want with all they want.

But I got go, can't keep my connection very well any longer. It took me over an hour just to get the pages to open to make the last few posts, due to the Hurricane Irene. Already get effects from the outer bands (just a little) I'll keep getting online as long as I'm able, but then I should be back around in a few days joyfully saying, "I survived!!" I'm in Cape Hatteras, Carson. Meditate for me please. :wink:
BogStandad
Extreme poster

Postby BogStandad » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:48 am

Without virtual reality there is no reality.

BogStandad
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:51 am

Another online friend, Wendy, is in the path of the hurricane as well; let's all take a moment to think happy thoughts for her and Debbie. :idea:

BogStandad wrote:Without virtual reality there is no reality.

So, I didn't exist before the Internet? :?: :? :?:
Funny, I remember stuff all the way back to 1955.
BogStandad
Extreme poster

Postby BogStandad » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:54 am

Since when was the internet virtual reality?

Mmmmm, what goes on inside your head is not reality, only your reality, not mine but mine is not yours either, something that goes on in a space between the ears, a grey place (I Think). Thoughts, dreams and your billion dollars is slightly less than my billion pounds and all of it only promises, promissory notes, virtual wealth, that we accept as real without question or choice.

By the way, WTF is reality?

I think, therefore I am;
(René Descartes, 31 March 1596 – 11 February 1650)
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:31 am

OK, I thought maybe that was what you meant: the notion that what we commonly experience as being out there is actually a neurological representation inside a blob of jelly enclosed within a dark hollow bone, the skull. This is true, however it does not, by definition, qualify as a "virtual reality".
virtual reality
 noun
a realistic simulation of an environment, including three-dimensional graphics, by a computer system using interactive software and hardware.

Origin:
1985–90
- World English Dictionary

The brain is not a computer, nor does it's structure or function closely resemble computers as we know them.
BogStandad
Extreme poster

Postby BogStandad » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:54 pm

Carson Collins wrote:OK, I thought maybe that was what you meant: the notion that what we commonly experience as being out there is actually a neurological representation inside a blob of jelly enclosed within a dark hollow bone, the skull. This is true, however it does not, by definition, qualify as a "virtual reality".
virtual reality
 noun
a realistic simulation of an environment, including three-dimensional graphics, by a computer system using interactive software and hardware.

Origin:
1985–90
- World English Dictionary

The brain is not a computer, nor does it's structure or function closely resemble computers as we know them.

Ok so you play lets pretend and then get all real on me, what kind of head do you have Mr. Wolf? Just messing,lol.

Yes I do not dispute any of what you say but, ideas, thoughts, dreams, all come very, very close to reality at times and yet they are not, then again it could be said they are virtually real.

In my tiny little blob I have deduced that virtually nothing is real and I only think, believe it is, take my beliefs away and I am not left with very much at all really, not even a real use for my jelly, the application of make believe in a make believe world, wow.

Dark is the day and I feel a ditty coming on:

We are chaos in motion
A twist in a massive plot
Chaos to ourselves
Believing we are not
We invent ourselves
As a natural state of being
A million, billion cells
A force beyond our seeing
Not an ancient god
Or a modern science
We are products
Of a natural appliance

Virtual reality a metaphor for thinking and in your understanding I read you understood, in fact I would have put your billion dollars on you doing so.

I could have said: if you don't have a dream then how you going to have a dream come true, but it didn't sound as good to me and I didn't write it, I must say a neurological construct bears a close resemblance to something that is virtually real.

I propose that we exchange our billions of money for something far more virtuous, like a billion synaptic pathways oozing with love.

I will have a very large glass of pure reality and spend all my love synapse on Irene going back to sea, please.

BogStandad.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:39 pm

...I propose that we exchange our billions of money for something far more virtuous, like a billion synaptic pathways oozing with love...
- BogStandad

Sounds good to me.

Latest News for Hurricane Irene, CBS News

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”