To top

Ye Olde FM Pub

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
C-nick
Extreme poster

Re: Ye Olde FM Pub

Postby C-nick » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:46 pm

Hey everyone what's crack-a-lackin'? 8)
"Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse." Winston Churchill

C.nick's Links:
Facebook
ImageKind
Zazzle
Tumblr

Debbie Adams
Extreme poster

Postby Debbie Adams » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:27 am

You mean, "what's up?"
Not much, just woke up from the pounding rain. I'm waiting for my coffee to brew.

How have you been, C?
C-nick
Extreme poster

Postby C-nick » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:06 am

Not much, for the most part everythings been fine. :D I had myself convinced that I had the neighbor kid's flu but now I think it was just something I ate. :oops: :lol: I do need to upload some of the drawings I've been doing though.

Thanks for asking, have a drink on me, Deb.
"Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse." Winston Churchill

C.nick's Links:
Facebook
ImageKind
Zazzle
Tumblr

Gary Dee
Extreme poster

Postby Gary Dee » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:13 am

I don't know what's worse...the flu or food poisoning. Are you all better now?
I took a look in your gallery, but didn't see anything new yet.

It's been raining, with the wind howling around here for the last few days.

I have a hot coffee, sine mine is not finished brewing yet this morning.
Thanks for the drink. Your next one is one me.
Art by Gary Dee
Gary Dee's Gallery
Gary Dee Wingo's Original Paintings Portfolio

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" *John Lennon*
Life is not about surviving the storm...its learning to dance in the rain.
C-nick
Extreme poster

Postby C-nick » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:06 am

Gary Dee wrote:I don't know what's worse...the flu or food poisoning. Are you all better now?
I took a look in your gallery, but didn't see anything new yet..

For me, the food poisoning it only lasted a few days (my neighbor's kid's flu lasted a week or two with fevers, they eventually they took the kid to the hospital and he's been fine ever since), so I'm all better and thanks for asking. :D And yeah nothing new in my gallery since all of the photos of my drawings are still on my camera and some drawings I haven't taken pictures of yet.

Besides the dreadful wind and rain (wait isn't that a song?), how are things going with you? Working on any art? :)

Yep, it's a song though not a very happy one. :?
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swylx6oZojM][/youtube]

C.nick's Links:
Facebook
ImageKind
Zazzle
Tumblr

Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Hey, that was one sad song. But, then, look at Irish history and despair. Plus, if you think the climate is bad now, just wait.
Nevertheless, it was lovely in its own sad way. I'm glad to have anyone put any class of currency in the new jukebox. :wink:
How do you all like my new Scary Halloween Avatar?
C-nick
Extreme poster

Postby C-nick » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:36 am

Your Avatar is very nice! Or was I suppose to say scary? :wink: So you're getting an earlyish start on Hallowe'en, huh? It always was one of my favourite holidays, even now I am amassing my favourite ghost stories, so when the time is right I can scare the heebie-jeebies out the neighbor kids. (this would be cruel except they actually like to be scared :twisted: ) Anyway, are the dancing skeletons from the movie "The Corpse Bride"? Because they look familiar.

C.nick's Links:
Facebook
ImageKind
Zazzle
Tumblr

Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:17 am

So you're getting an earlyish start on Hallowe'en, huh?

Here in the USA they start flogging Christmas before Thanksgiving, so I figured it would be OK to do the same thing with my favorite holiday. :twisted:

The dancing skeletons are just one of those things you can find with Google Images or Photobucket, etc., I don't think the original source was credited, which is not a good thing but you can't stop the Internet, can you? At least I parked it on my own Photobucket account instead of hot-linking.

Funny you should mention Tim Burton's excellent movie The Corpse Bride, my girlfriend and I are going to be the corpse bride and groom this year. We spend Halloween at her place in Denver because she lives in a suburban area where the kids (and their heavily armed parents) still go trick-or-treating.
Shaun Kennedy
Extreme poster

Postby Shaun Kennedy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:07 pm

I was married on Halloween.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Did you dress up? 8)

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”