To top

Ye Olde FM Pub

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
C-nick
Extreme poster

Re: Ye Olde FM Pub

Postby C-nick » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:08 pm

bloodyjelly wrote:Hey C, welcome back. What have you been up to?

Hey Trevor, :D well I haven’t been doing much, just sort of keeping everything going forward. Rather borinoog really. :( So what’s up with you?
"Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse." Winston Churchill

C.nick's Links:
Facebook
ImageKind
Zazzle
Tumblr

Gary Dee
Extreme poster

Postby Gary Dee » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:06 am

Image Image ImageImage Image Image :lol: Image
Image ImageImageImage

My......there's a party goin' on!
Man, you cats can dance! Some pretty sharp moves there, Trevor! :lol:

Bartender, I'll have a shot of Tequila and a Bud chaser, please. 8)
Art by Gary Dee
Gary Dee's Gallery
Gary Dee Wingo's Original Paintings Portfolio

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" *John Lennon*
Life is not about surviving the storm...its learning to dance in the rain.
C-nick
Extreme poster

Postby C-nick » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Seems to be going slow in here, well I have a strange sort of question if anyone wants to answer. :) Does anyone here find themselves seeing people and thinking "Wow, they look like they could be in a Caravaggio painting!"? It can be any artist or art movement really. I found people who would look at home in Raphael’s work, Caravaggio’s work, Rembrandt’s work, Pre-Raphaelite work and Irish manuscripts and Celtic carvings.
"Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse." Winston Churchill

C.nick's Links:
Facebook
ImageKind
Zazzle
Tumblr

Gary Dee
Extreme poster

Postby Gary Dee » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:51 am

It is great to see you, C! Image

Yes, I have often seen people who look like they just stepped out of a painting. (or could step into one :lol: ) Funny you should bring that up! Image In this part of the country it is often Rembrandt.
Art by Gary Dee
Gary Dee's Gallery

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" *John Lennon*
Shaun Kennedy
Extreme poster

Postby Shaun Kennedy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Hey every one, how are things going?
C-nick
Extreme poster

Postby C-nick » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:37 pm

Gary Dee wrote:It is great to see you, C! Image

Yes, I have often seen people who look like they just stepped out of a painting. (or could step into one :lol: ) Funny you should bring that up! Image In this part of the country it is often Rembrandt.

It's great to see you too! That's funny because some of my family members look like subjects from Rembrandt. :D

C.nick's Links:
Facebook
ImageKind
Zazzle
Tumblr

anthony
Extreme poster

Postby anthony » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:18 am

People's features (esp. facial) strike me immediately and I instantly go a place in my head where I am usually sketching them. Of course in the past I had always been too shy to approach anyone and ask if I could draw them, fearing that I would be judged as being a weirdo or something. I have recently in the past year or so broken through that barrier (because of certain revelations) and have actually asked people to pose (no more drawing from photos, as the easy solution) and to my dismay they are flattered and very willing. What a wonderful feeling that is accompanied with the creation of the drawing. Although I am still nervous, the bond created with the person modelling is indescribable.
Thank you C, for making me think of this and the inspiration to share.
Tony
My Website

I am not great at anything - I am in a transition
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:27 pm

You're lucky, Tony, to be able to see distinct features when you look at a face. I see a face and I go, either, "Yeah I know that person, that's Phil", or "Yeah I don't know that person, that's not Phil." My wife's great at telling whether the eyes are this way or that way, the hair looks like this and so on. I think it's a skill that most people can learn with lots of practice, but to be able to just look and get it is badass skillzzzz. So congrats. Anyway beers for all and howdy and all that. I've been busy so apologies if I've been AWOL.
Gary Dee
Extreme poster

Postby Gary Dee » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:34 am

bloodjelly wrote: Anyway beers for all and howdy and all that.

Thanks, Trevor!

Bartender, a cold Bud Light, please! Image
Art by Gary Dee
Gary Dee's Gallery

C-nick
Extreme poster

Postby C-nick » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:10 am

Hello everyone! Just checking in. :D

C.nick's Links:
Facebook
ImageKind
Zazzle
Tumblr

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”