Please enter a valid username

Show Please type a password

Forgot your password?

Please enter your username

Please enter a valid email

Show Please type a password

Lost your password? Enter your email address to reset it.

Please enter a valid email

Back to log-in

Close

Ye Olde FM Pub

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
Karin Rayna Pavlic
Postaholic
Re: Ye Olde FM Pub

Postby Karin Rayna Pavlic » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:52 pm

Hi all? Anyone alive here? :?
Karin Pavlic

https://www.facebook.com/Karray-Art-115164470038262/

Its better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not.
anthony
Extreme poster

Postby anthony » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:45 am

Wow! haven't been here for quite a long time, ever since Gary passed away. Bless his heart, I really miss him. Everyone getting some work done?
My Website

I am not great at anything - I am in a transition
Karin Rayna Pavlic
Postaholic

Postby Karin Rayna Pavlic » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:01 am

Gary passed away? That is... no... This makes me very sad... :(

I have been away for... 10 years I think. Didn't do much in that time due life being evilish and health issues (near death experience) but am back now and just started painting again. I'm getting ready to make a series.

If enyone feels like it, he/she can add my artsy fb account and follow me there, I just made that one too.
Karin Pavlic

bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:27 pm

Karin Rayna Pavlic wrote:Gary passed away? That is... no... This makes me very sad... :(

:cry: He'd have been happy to know he made an impression on you with his art I bet.

Karin Rayna Pavlic wrote:I have been away for... 10 years I think. Didn't do much in that time due life being evilish and health issues (near death experience) but am back now and just started painting again. I'm getting ready to make a series.

If enyone feels like it, he/she can add my artsy fb account and follow me there, I just made that one too.

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your harrowing times ... hope you're healing up as quickly as you can. That's great that you're painting again. What did you have in mind for the series?
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:28 pm

anthony wrote:Wow! haven't been here for quite a long time, ever since Gary passed away. Bless his heart, I really miss him. Everyone getting some work done?

Hey man - good to hear from you too! What's new?
Karin Rayna Pavlic
Postaholic

Postby Karin Rayna Pavlic » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:38 am

bloodjelly wrote: :cry: He'd have been happy to k creatunow he made an impression on you with his art I bet.

Indeed he has. He was an interesting person all around.

bloodjelly wrote:Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your harrowing times ... hope you're healing up as quickly as you can. That's great that you're painting again. What did you have in mind for the series?

Thank you, glad to be back.
Yes, I am all healed up now, Have some weight to loose and things like that but otherwise I'm okay.
I honestly am not sure how I managed to keep my sanity without canvas and a brush, but then, maybe I havent. :lol:
I actualy have ideas for few series on various subjects. I want to do few more "spure of the moment" painting before I dig into that cookie though. I will probably go with the simpler first as for some of the ideas I have, I know I'm not mature as artist enough yet to tackle, also, it will be first real collection. The subject will probably be night/moon and various emotions connected. It's a subject that is very close to me.
Karin Pavlic

anthony
Extreme poster

Postby anthony » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:40 pm

bloodjelly wrote:
anthony wrote:Wow! haven't been here for quite a long time, ever since Gary passed away. Bless his heart, I really miss him. Everyone getting some work done?

Yes, Gary and I became good friends, regularly writing email back and forth.
Trevor, it is good to 'hear' from you, life is good? I have just started painting again after quite a long while. I have been pursuing music, and basically enjoying life.
My Website

bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:32 pm

Karin Rayna Pavlic wrote:I honestly am not sure how I managed to keep my sanity without canvas and a brush, but then, maybe I havent. :lol:
:P Looking forward to seeing the night/moon series even more now. :lol:

anthony wrote:Yes, Gary and I became good friends, regularly writing email back and forth.
Trevor, it is good to 'hear' from you, life is good? I have just started painting again after quite a long while. I have been pursuing music, and basically enjoying life.
Life's good, yep! I've got a little guy now - seventeen months - so things have been wild. He's a total joy, a rebellious teen, as he should be.

Happy to hear you're doing well and trying new things. That creative drive is hard to squelch eh?
Karin Rayna Pavlic
Postaholic

Postby Karin Rayna Pavlic » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:50 pm

bloodjelly wrote: :P Looking forward to seeing the night/moon series even more now. :lol:

Me too haha, wake me up when I am done? :lol:

Aaaaw, a 17 months! That is awesome! Congrats! (And abundance of patience :wink: )

What I would like to know is how people manage building up supportive community/social-thingies and still find time to actually do art??? :? I just created a FB page for my stuff ( link in signature <--- perfect example of shameless advertisement :oops: ) and all I managed to do besides that is to paint my 50x70 cm canvas for commission black... :roll:
Karin Pavlic

anthony
Extreme poster

Postby anthony » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:59 pm

anthony wrote:
bloodjelly wrote:

Yes, Gary and I became good friends, regularly writing email back and forth.

Yah, I heard somewhere that you had a little guy now. That's great Trevor. They grow up fast. My little girl is 31 now. Lol.
My Website

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”