To top

Ye Olde FM Pub

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
C-nick
Extreme poster

Re: Ye Olde FM Pub

Postby C-nick » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:41 am

I’m so sorry to hear that Trevor. Gary welcomed me to FM and was so helpful and nice to me ever since. He’ll be missed. Are we going to be doing a memorial thread or anything like that?

Evie, I’ve got it booked marked and it’s on my to-read list, which happens to be about five miles long. Any chance it will have its own Goodreads page? I keep track of a lot of my to-reads there.

Anthony, I love it! It’s got such a cozy feel to it.
"Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse." Winston Churchill

C.nick's Links:
Facebook
ImageKind
Zazzle
Tumblr

Evie
Extreme poster

Postby Evie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:51 am

I'm really sad to hear that news Trevor. Like Cnick said, Gary was so welcoming to me and really generous with his time and comments. He was a bit of a 'cheeky chappie' as we'd say over here and I think that's what drew people to him. I loved his Native American Indian artworks too, a fine legacy that will hopefully live on here on FM. Thoughts with his family and I'd also like to raise a glass in his memory.
anthony
Extreme poster

Postby anthony » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:31 am

lynnielu wrote:Love it Anthony ...He looks so comfy, I'd like to curl up on a pillow right next to him. :)

Good to see you here Lynnielu
My Website

I am not great at anything - I am in a transition
lynnielu
Extreme poster

Postby lynnielu » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:36 am

I am so sorry to hear about Gary ...I considered him a friend ...RIP Gary Dee Wingo
Last edited by lynnielu on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My Calendars at Lulu.com
http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1586244
anthony
Extreme poster

Postby anthony » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:51 am

I was just recently thinking about him, hadn't seen him on for a while and was wondering how he was doing.
I have much admiration for him and am grateful for all that I learned from him and that I can very much so call him a Friend. He will be greatly missed.

Tony
My Website

I am not great at anything - I am in a transition
sue hazelton
Postaholic

Postby sue hazelton » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:04 am

Sincere condolence of your dear friend passing.
MiChelleAngella
Extreme poster

Postby MiChelleAngella » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:45 am

I just now switched to chrome and it seems that the reply buttons are working now..

It was just recently I had sent Sharla a message and asked her if she heard anything from Gary, because for some reason I was worried about him. .

It's a shock hearing this news.
Rest in peace Gary.
MERisk
Passionate poster

Postby MERisk » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:47 pm

After this recent newsletter, I was deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Gary Dee. He was an amazing artist and had a lot of excellent feedback. He will be missed. Rest in peace, Gary!
sue hazelton
Postaholic

Postby sue hazelton » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:11 am

I was not fortunate to have known your dear friend Gary Dee. I am saddened for that. After dropping by his gallery I understand and see how truly a gifted and caring human being and artist he was. You can see he always had time for people and all living creatures, by way of his help and thoughts. So if you don't mind...

I would like to raise my cup of coffee in a toast to Gary Dee, a true human being!

My deepest and sincere condolences go to his family and to all his friends here at FM and everywhere.
Johnnie Morgan
Substantial poster

Postby Johnnie Morgan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:38 pm

Yyyep...I'm still around! Though I did get mugged by a yeti. 6 month hospital stay...go figure.

Still managing to find time to paint. Haven't really broke out the pastels in a while though...having found the time for that, what with the messiness and whatnot.

I've no idea what else to go on about because I could go off on a stream of consciousness tirade.

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”