To top

Welcome back! What you need to know...

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Welcome back! What you need to know...

Postby bloodjelly » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi :D

Foundmyself has been updated, and there are some thing you should know about the new design.

Before you get started

To make sure you're seeing the site as you should be, please empty your browser's cache and refresh the site. The new FM should look good in most modern browsers, but if you're looking to upgrade anyway, try the excellent (and free) Firefox.

What's changed

• Drag & Drop: After you log in, certain items (images and member usernames) around the site will have a little "drag" icon next to them ( Image )

What this means is that you can click and drag that element to a new panel at the top of the screen, underneath the search bar. This makes it easy to add an image to your favorites, watch an artist, or nominate an artist for the new "Spotlight" feature. You can watch and nominate an artist by dragging either his/her image or username, but you must drag an image from their gallery to add it to your favorites.

Wait until you see a small green circle with a plus (+) sign in it show up near the function you want (Favorites, Watch List, Nominate), then let go. You'll see a message asking you to wait, then a success message. After you see that, you can drag something else to the panel if you want to.

• Spotlight feature Nominated artists can have their gallery displayed prominently on the left sidebar for up to one hour per day. You can nominate an artist's gallery by dragging any of their images or their username to the "Nominate" section of your drag and drop panel. An artist needs three unique nominations accumulated in one day to be featured.

• Major forum upgrade There are tons of new features to play with in the new forum that help you connect better with other artists, including adding friends and foes, enhanced management of private messages, topic bookmarking, and lots more.

Please see the forum FAQ if you have any questions. In the meantime you can still post normally. ;)

• Exposure points No longer do these give you a single random image from your gallery displayed on the front page. Instead you get forty images from your gallery chosen at random displayed in a scrolling bar underneath the "Featured" tab on the front page. One exposure point will be deducted when someone clicks the tab. This way visitors get to see more of your work immediately, and your art is shown to a more targeted, focused group of people.

Since the value of the exposure points has gone up, so has the cost. $5.00 gets you 50 points. If you purchased exposure points before this switch you lucked out. 8) You can purchase exposure points in the upgrades shop.

Potential issues: During the transition to the new forum - for reasons due to character encoding in our database - certain passwords might have been lost. If you're having trouble logging in, please reset your password here.

Some avatars might have been lost or corrupted as well, though most look fine. If this has happened, please re-upload your avatar in your control panel.

Finally, rank images haven't been assigned yet except for posting ranks. The rest will be up in a few days.

Hope you like the new look and doodads! :D
DrayeArt
Extreme poster

Re: Welcome back! What you need to know...

Postby DrayeArt » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:34 pm

I have a question. The add and edit album buttons are missing on my home page. Did they fall off, or are they hidden somewhere else. I need to find them pretty quick, because I have 150+ uploads on the way.
NEW TUTORIAL: GET ANIMATED CLICK HERE
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:07 pm

First bug found and first bug squashed I'm happy to report. Upload away.
aazari
Substantial poster

Postby aazari » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:33 am

Hmmm. This runs a lot slower than the old version for some reason. I'm using Firefox and DSL. Also, can you take the text out of the sign in boxes, please? Having text over text makes it really hard for me to see if I make a typo (which is why you always see the text above or below those boxes and not inside them). ;-)
ryguydavis
Postaholic

Postby ryguydavis » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:57 am

LOVE the update, BJ ^_^ you've really outdone yourself!

Found a bug though--in the Styles page, by clicking on any of the styles, it sends you to the same gallery, which only uses one style? I'd just go and click and see what happens :lol:
jmckelvin
Postaholic

Postby jmckelvin » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:45 am

Haven't found any bugs yet. But I just wanted to say that the new site looks great. I've been away from here for awhile and I come back and there are some many new things going on. :D
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:46 am

Thanks for the nice comments. Fixed the styles thing, which was just a small hiccup from testing the admin functions on the galleries. As for the text over text Aazari, that should disappear when you click in side the box. What version of Firefox are you using?
HoorayForSeymour
Postaholic

Postby HoorayForSeymour » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:26 pm

I guess it's only me, but I can't get the forum to load at all. I clicked on this from the front page and it worked, but I can't get anything else to work!
Message me if you are interested in commissions :)
KylieJo
New poster

Postby KylieJo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi um I am also having trouble with the forums I keep getting a pop up saying something to extent of the children something or other is unclickable and some weird numbers then my internet connection freezes and I have to shut down my computer to get it back. Anyway I've downloaded firefox? and I've gotten this far so maybe it'll work. um looks good though!
TUNER
Substantial poster

Postby TUNER » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:30 pm

The upgrades look great!! I haven't noticed any glitches. 8)

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”