To top

New website

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
purple_magpie
Passionate poster

New website

Postby purple_magpie » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:01 am

Hiya everyone,
I've just finished my first ever website! http://www.lynda-nelson.co.uk
Let me know what you all think.
I know the links on the link page don't work, and I'm trying to figure that out now (in dreamweaver)
Thanks,
Lynda
BenSmith
New poster

Postby BenSmith » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:53 am

Hi Lynda

Great website you have, wonderful illustrations, and the site is really well set out, one of the best I've seen :D

Please feel free to visit my site, couple of pages not quite finished yet, but most of it is there.

http://bensworld74.homestead.com/

Take care

Ben
purple_magpie
Passionate poster

Postby purple_magpie » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:21 pm

Thanks for your comment Ben.
Just checked out your website, and came across some of my favourite images from the gallery here!
My favourite is the deer. It reminds of Franz Marc's work, which is brilliant! Looking forward to seeing Your illustration section up.
Lynda.
gothtwinz
Passionate poster

Postby gothtwinz » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:18 pm

:twisted: Hi Lynda! ...and Hi to anyone else!! I'm a newbie to this site so bear with me if I cock up!!

Nice site Lynda... I couldn't get the links to work though so I had to type in the link to here!! Boo Hoo! (read about your new site at AOI) Anyway,glad to join up here...did I read it right that I have to post 50 times to get some gallery space? No problemo!!

If anyone would like to make a comment on my very limited site, then I'd love to hear from ya, good or bad I can take it....I'm an artist goddammit, not a bricklayer!!
http://www.freewebs.com/gordonfraser/
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:20 pm

Really nice websites, both of you. Good job finally getting one, purple, to show off your great work. I like the simplicity and ease of navigation. We want illustrations and graphics, we get illustrations and graphics. :D I'll be checking in time to time to see where you go with it.

Oh - just posted and then saw your message, goth. Welcome to the site! We're not too too weird here, but just enough. I love your illustrations - very professional and original. That pirate character is super expressive.

Yeah, 50 posts to get the gallery. Or a one time donation of any amount (yes, you can be a poophead and donate 1 cent and you will get a gallery.)

Hope to see more of your work soon! We're going to have a contest in a few days so be sure to enter, all of you guys.
gothtwinz
Passionate poster

Postby gothtwinz » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:32 pm

:twisted: Thanks bloodjelly, glad to meet some new faces?...erm voices?... ok floaty cyberspace peeps! Silly question, you've probaby been asked a zillion times....why the name? (I thought mine was odd!)
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:51 pm

Why the name....why does a bird fly? Why does a finger pick? Why does a wheel spin? These are questions that I am unable to answer.

gothtwinz wrote::twisted: Thanks bloodjelly, glad to meet some new faces?...erm voices?... ok floaty cyberspace peeps! Silly question, you've probaby been asked a zillion times....why the name? (I thought mine was odd!)
gothtwinz
Passionate poster

Postby gothtwinz » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:04 pm

:twisted: Don't worry....I promise not to tell anybody!
I bow before the awesome might of your avatar oh great bloodjelly...for surely, Calvin and Hobbes cannot be destroyed by it's weak and feeble counterparts!
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:47 pm

lol....ok you've convinced me. There's no good reason I picked the name other than I wanted something original when I picked it, now about 10 years ago. So it just kind of stuck with me, and so far I've never seen another name like it. (That's either a good or bad thing) :roll:
gothtwinz
Passionate poster

Postby gothtwinz » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:58 pm

:twisted: Hee! Hee!

I knew I'd get it out of you!! Good to talk to you bloodjelly, time for sleepy beds in Blighty!
I'll see you around soon....zzzzzzzzz

What about toejamfruglebottom?...that's original....no hold on...that was my mothers maiden name.

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”