Please enter a valid username

Show Please type a password

Forgot your password?

Please enter your username

Please enter a valid email

Show Please type a password

Lost your password? Enter your email address to reset it.

Please enter a valid email

Back to log-in

Close

Introductions: where you coming from?

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
rebus
Postaholic
Introductions: where you coming from?

Postby rebus » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:10 am

Why not introduce ourselves? Nice to get to know people a little better?

I'll start the ball rolling:

I live in a small town -which is getting bigger by the week, seemingly - called Daventry which is in Northamptonshire, UK. I'm 31 and spend an awful lot of time on the pc... this means I get very little else done. I like art which is what brought me to this site in the first place.... I'm also a pc and console game addict, which means I spend rather too much time playing pacman and space invaders in the games section too.
Any of my reference photos may be used to create artworks as long as they are acknowledged in the normal way.
DeadPepper
New poster

Postby DeadPepper » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:54 pm

Hi, new member here. Found this site through a google search.

Im 14 and live in a small insignificant town in scotland. I love playing Electric Guitar, im in a band. I also enjoy sketching and painting and am planning to make a career out of my art. I am interested in many different music styles, mainly Gothic Metal, Classical and Stadium Rock (Strange mix, i know). I also spend far too much time on the internet, mainly playing Flash games and browsing many art forums. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. :D
Someone tell me why it feels more real when i am dreaming than when i am awake.
rebus
Postaholic

Postby rebus » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:18 pm

Welcome DeadPepper, why not post some of your work in the visual arts or critique section and show us what sort of thing you do?
Any of my reference photos may be used to create artworks as long as they are acknowledged in the normal way.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:10 pm

A big welcome to the site, Deadpepper, I hope to see some of your work soon. Well, my name is Trevor and I created this site. It's fairly new so I'm still devoting lots of time to it. (Surprised you found it through Google, Dead.) I'm 23 and recently graduated from the University of California, Davis as a graphic designer. I might be going to graduate school soon for an MBA. I love music and played bass clarinet for 10 years and drums for 4. I'm trying to learn guitar. I like to draw and rebus is getting me into painting a bit. I have a cat that I can't keep but I don't want to get rid of, and a girlfriend who I can keep and don't want to get rid of. Anyone want the cat?
Sunny
Postaholic

Postby Sunny » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:40 pm

Well I don't want the cat but I'll tell a little bit about myself! I'm 50 yrs young & an emerging artist. I graduated from Northern Michigan University at the age of 47 with my Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree with my concentrattion in Scupture. I am also a self-taught photographer. I live in the northwoods by Lake Superior (the largest of the Great Lakes) out in the sticks and it is hard as heck to get promoted from here let me tell you! So i cruise the art forums and maintain a freebie website or three cuz I have very limited funds! So anyway that's me!

Welcome Deadpepper!
Art in Soul Studios
http://www.geocities.com/sunny4art
The soul has reasons that reason cannot fathom.
Jonny555
New poster

Postby Jonny555 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:59 am

My name is John and I live in Cheshire, UK. I'm 30 for the sixth time and married with three children. I'm semi retired now due to illness. I worked in the defence industry since 1984 and loved every minute of it.

I've been drawing all my life and started with watercolour in January this year. I started an Amateur Watercolour Community with the aim of helping all of us amateurs help each other. I wish I could paint more often than I do, but whenever I think I've got time something always crops up. I also love photography and carry a camera with at all times. As a sideline I used to do promotion work for up and coming bands. I produced all the promotional images and the photos used for the album covers etc. Sunny, I love your pictures. I did some macro work very similar to that years ago using oils and water. My favourite images though were of nature. I've just recently been 'playing' with ice for some dramatic effects.

Oh well, I think I've waffled on for long enough.
Amateur Watercolour Community
http://www.jonny555.co.uk
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:01 am

Hi John welcome back to the site. I'd love to see some more of your drawings and what exactly you're doing with ice. That reminded me of a photo I took of an interesting ice pattern, so I upped it to the gallery. You guys feel free to post your work there, too. There's a 100KB upload limit per image so if you get an error that's most likely the problem.
Babak

Whats up?

Postby Babak » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:48 pm

Whats going on everyone?

I am the webmaster's roomate, and i come to the site once in a while just to see whats new. Just wanted to say hello!

Good Job Bloodjelly!

--Babak
DrayeArt
Extreme poster

Postby DrayeArt » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:36 pm

Found this old chestnut on page 10. I think it was intended to be a Welcome to the Forum thread. HMM!!! Might not be a bad idea- hint,hint.
NEW TUTORIAL: GET ANIMATED CLICK HERE
andy tetlow
Extreme poster

Postby andy tetlow » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:03 pm

welcome, mr draye, nice to meet you.
andy tetlow
"I would walk a hundred miles to punch a camel on the nose" -Pedro Gonzalez, cousin of Speedy

http://andytetlow.blogspot.com/
http://www.reverbnation.com/sumit

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”