To top

New guy (ahem, sorry, girl) =)

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
VintageVixenPhotos
New poster

New guy (ahem, sorry, girl) =)

Postby VintageVixenPhotos » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Hello,
I am new in these parts, and just thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. I don't usually do this right away, I usually "lurk" a little bit and check everything out before I start posting, but I decided to try something new this time. I hope it works out. :D
I am a photographer from the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area and I do mainly work with classic cars. I freelance write and photograph for some car magazines when they need me to, but mostly I do coverage for local events. I am finally beginning to feel confident enough in my abilities that I may want to start working with people, so I will be trying to build that portfolio and get the experience next. Well, I think I'll stop there, if you want to know more, message me! Looking forward to everything this site has to offer.
freakyfingers
Postaholic

Re: New guy (ahem, sorry, girl) =)

Postby freakyfingers » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Welcome to FM 8)
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:53 pm

Hey Carey welcome to the site! Your work sounds like a blast. You should definitely try some people shots. They're just bendy and a little less reflective than cars, otherwise pretty much the same. ;) Hope to see you around.
VintageVixenPhotos
New poster

Postby VintageVixenPhotos » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:57 pm

bloodjelly wrote:Hey Carey welcome to the site! Your work sounds like a blast. You should definitely try some people shots. They're just bendy and a little less reflective than cars, otherwise pretty much the same. ;) Hope to see you around.

Thanks guys. =)
I am actually looking forward to working with people... Ideally I would like to work with classic-style pin up girls AND the cars (in my own little dream world, lol). I just have to find the people that are willing to let me practice with them!
mjgartistpoet
Extreme poster

Postby mjgartistpoet » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:05 pm

Checked out your photographs- very cool - Think they are really good and perfect for framed posters.
You should definately try shooting (Photographing) people.
VintageVixenPhotos
New poster

Postby VintageVixenPhotos » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:33 pm

mjgartistpoet wrote:Checked out your photographs- very cool - Think they are really good and perfect for framed posters.
You should definately try shooting (Photographing) people.

Thank you for the kind words! I'm still working on posting and organizing my gallery, so keep an eye out for new stuff being added as I get to it. :)
Gary Dee
Extreme poster

Postby Gary Dee » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:53 pm

VintageVixenPhotos wrote:... Ideally I would like to work with classic-style pin up girls AND the cars

THAT'S the Ticket!!! :wink:
Art by Gary Dee
Gary Dee's Gallery
Gary Dee Wingo's Original Paintings Portfolio

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" *John Lennon*
Life is not about surviving the storm...its learning to dance in the rain.
June
Postaholic

Postby June » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:37 pm

WELCOME to FM!
I do so love your cars!!! You have quite an interesting career. Looking forward to seeing you progress. :D
Life is not short. It is the longest thing we will ever do.
SharsArt
Extreme poster

Postby SharsArt » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:33 am

Hi, welcome to FM! Awesome shots of the classics' - I can't wait to see more! I'm sure you're really gonna like this site and you'll fit right in! This really is a great site, we're glad you took the 'leap' instead of 'lurking!' :D
ani-welcomesign.gif
ani-welcomesign.gif (3.24 KiB) Viewed 841 times
sorinapostolescu
Extreme poster

Postby sorinapostolescu » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:56 am

Hi,

Welcome to FM !!! :wink:
I will not be an ordinary man, because I have a right to be extraordinary. (Peter O'Toole)
Sorin

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”