To top

Should Bush get the money?

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.

Should Bush be given the $87 billion he requested to rebuild Iraq/Afghanistan?

Yes. We started something and now we have to finish it.
17%
No. Bush could do the same job with less money, or by using Iraqi oil to help the costs.
50%
Not sure.
33%

Total votes: 6
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Should Bush get the money?

Postby bloodjelly » Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:21 am

Bush wants another $87 billion to help rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan, which would bring the total spent to over $166 billion; all this as our deficit increases to record highs. Should Bush be spending this money in Iraq or here at home? After all, most of America (according to polls) wanted the US to go into the country and get Saddam. We didn't figure it would just get better overnight, did we? Should we use the country's oil to help soften the burden?

Commenting on the huge amount of money being spent overseas, Senator Carl Levin of Michigan, the ranking Democrat on the Armed Services Committee says, "It's stunning in its size. It's astronomical when you compare it to the arguments we have over things like after-school programs."

I think he makes an important point.
rebus
Postaholic

Postby rebus » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:50 am

Iraqi oil should definately NOT be used for Bush's campaign in Iraq... people always struggle in war torn areas and stealing from an already devastated population is just creating more problems for the future... The Iraqi people will need the oil to ensure they can create a strong enough economy to be a stable state in the region.
Any of my reference photos may be used to create artworks as long as they are acknowledged in the normal way.
Sunny
Postaholic

Postby Sunny » Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:10 pm

Now this may sound like a very strange answer but here goes! My neighbor is 61 and survivng on Soc. Sec. Disability pension of $560.00 a month. Today she got a letter from the government saying her dental coverage is discontinued and they will no longer pay for hearing aids or the batteries for them. She has a hearing aid!

The funds spent on this war to get Saddam & the get Osama been hidin' is ridiculous when we can't afford basic needs for our loyal AMERICAN citizens!
My husband, who is a Viet Nam era veteran came home from the VA hosp. the other day saying his follow-up appointment for the EKG he got will be in a year. I have a young friend who served in the Gulf War and will have to wait 6 mths. to two years for a first appointment to see a doctor!
There are homeless veterans and hungry people all over this nation-who cares?
Am I ranting yet? You get the picture and it isn't pretty.

In the meantime Halliburton(Cheney's old croneys) gets rebuilding contracts in the billions! Makes me ILL! :x

WHo will aid US citizens? should we ask other countries or suffer as always?
Art in Soul Studios
http://www.geocities.com/sunny4art
The soul has reasons that reason cannot fathom.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:48 pm

I'm sorry to hear your friends are getting their needed care lifted, Sunny. This whole thing is a mess.

Here's something to look at for laughing or crying: http://www.foundmyself.com/html/bushresume.htm

Of course, Foundmyself.com makes no claim that these views are true, etc... etc... (but some of them are true, without a doubt.) Irregardless :wink: take a look. It's interesting.
Sunny
Postaholic

Postby Sunny » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:16 am

Loved that link! :lol: :cry:
Art in Soul Studios

http://www.geocities.com/sunny4art

The soul has reasons that reason cannot fathom.

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”