To top

Crawling out of my cave...

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
whisper
Substantial poster

Crawling out of my cave...

Postby whisper » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:53 pm

Hey, I'm Whisper. I currently live in Alaska but I will be moving to Wisconsin very soon. I have been in my cave for quite some time with my kids, and I am finally finding my long lost self esteem and crawling out of my cave. As for what I like; cats, dragons, tigers, art, music, koi, and the list goes on. As for what I don
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:58 am

*light burning eyes* Welcome to the site :D How old are your kids? I'm taking care of a 6-month old puppy, and if that's even 1/100 of the stress you're dealing with you're a soldier in my book. What types of art/video games/websites are you interested in?
whisper
Substantial poster

Postby whisper » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:25 pm

My oldest will be 4 in december, the middle will be 3 in January and the youngest turns 1 tomarrow. I like just about all forms of art. I don't like to limit myself to just one or two mediums so I use pencil, prismacolor pencil, acrilic, and watercolor. I also like to sculpt with polymere clay, and carve. I also like to write poems. As for web sites that I'm interested in, I like to play around with several differant styles and am teaching myself flash as well.
As for video games, I like rpg, fps, stradegy, puzzle, just about everything except sports.
xlr8
New poster

Postby xlr8 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:46 pm

Hi Whisper. I've been venturing outside my cave a bit too... or out from under my rock, depending on who you talk to. Take it slow, stretch a lot. I just moved 16 months ago, a similar distance but in a different direction (east coast to west coast). Depending on your level of socialization, it can vary from exciting to challenging... but I'm just demonstrating my profound grasp of the obvious...

Keep the energy moving outward. The universe abhors a void, and will replace what ever you give.
whisper
Substantial poster

Postby whisper » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:46 pm

It's nice to know I'm not the only cave dweller here :) I've never lived at, or been to the east coast.. From what little I know there is too many people there for me....
xlr8
New poster

Postby xlr8 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:19 pm

...yes, too many people, and too expensive.

I was a web designer back in the day, back when things were simple. We wrote our own HTML in a text editor, weren't no programs to do it fer ya... didn't have no fancy Flash, a gif animation was enough to keep us entertained for hours. Yup, back in '95, when I was a younger man... it was a different world.

Think I'll go sit on my rocking chair on the porch and feed the birds for a while now. Yup.
whisper
Substantial poster

Postby whisper » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:55 pm

ya, I taught myself html with notepad when I was nine.. takeing some getting used to frontpage, I like the fact that I can play with the code and see what happens right away. Learning the CSS and flash now too...

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”