To top

What's your artsy plans ?

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
dylanchumleigh
Substantial poster

Re: What's your artsy plans ?

Postby dylanchumleigh » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:44 am

MiChelleAngella wrote:This year I would like to focus on creating a style that I want to make into a series.
While I enjoy portrait drawing with graphite, that is not something I wanted to specialize in..
neither did I want to do only ocean paintings, or just abstracts;
Although I can't seem to give any of those up at all.
[My love of drawing people, painting the ocean, and creating colorful abstracts, remains].

I now have this desire to combine all three things to make a series that I will stick to.
That is, creating human figures in combination with organic abstracts, and i'm sure I can get the ocean waves in there sometimes too.

So that's one of my artsy plan for this year...

What's your artsy plans?

I appreciate this afford!!
BogStandad
Extreme poster

Postby BogStandad » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:26 pm

zeeshan wrote:“The importance of teaching as a profession has been tragically undervalued and the result will be a diminished American culture, And the place of the arts in the classroom is essential in encouraging invention, ambition, and an understanding of the importance and pleasures of living an examined life.”

Hi zeeshan, I do not live in America I am in the UK but I would say a very similar thing about my world also, except I would ask the question what culture? Is that the same culture that has always been dictated by the haves upon the have not's? The same culture of divide and rule or celebritism, famous for nothing, just because you managed to manipulate yourself onto a platform above others, a stage, a TV screen so as to invade the living rooms of people brainwashed by fakery. I agree that arts are extremely undervalued but then I have a massive problem figuring out what value arts have anyway because it is really the opportunity to be creative that is missing. Then I have another problem what value does a trillion dollars hold for me when all I really want is happiness, contentment, peace...

I will put it this way, everybody teaches themselves really. The only thing any teacher can do at best is help those that want to learn and if that teacher is being paid money to tech then he/she will always be following the agenda of his or her pay master.

No education is neutral.

Creativity should be encouraged and I encourage from my value base which will only be right for some and that is how it should be or follow piper who plays the culture tune.

The risk is great, the decision of course is yours.

My artsy plans are the same as always, produce more, create more ideas, think and be happy doing so for as long as I can because I can.
MiChelleAngella
Extreme poster

Postby MiChelleAngella » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:55 pm

BogStandad wrote:My artsy plans are the same as always, produce more, create more ideas, think and be happy doing so for as long as I can because I can.

I like that yes!
TTSart
Passionate poster

Postby TTSart » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:40 am

MiChelleAngella wrote:I now have this desire to combine all three things to make a series that I will stick to.
That is, creating human figures in combination with organic abstracts, and i'm sure I can get the ocean waves in there sometimes too.

So that's one of my artsy plan for this year...

What's your artsy plans?

Hi Michelle - your description of creating human figures in combination with organic abstracts reminds me of this piece I did. Just thought I'd share.
http://www.foundmyself.com/TTSart/art/new-skin/101650

Last year I ended up doing commission work, which was my goal, but that ended up taking the place of original art work. My main goal for this year is to get a portfolio of original art work together large enough that I can peruse being part of a gallery show. I also have some contests that I want to enter...I'm going to be busy :)
SharsArt
Extreme poster

Postby SharsArt » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:05 pm

get more 'artsy' done....
get more 'artsy' seen....
get more 'artsy' sold....
....have enough 'artsy' left over from 'artsy' to enjoy more 'artsy!' :lol:
Sherlock007
New poster

Postby Sherlock007 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:07 am

Now The time has come for 2nd Year result of Lahore Board which is on with other educational boards of Punjab on 23rd Sept 2013 Here below is the link where you can see the result of 12th class online with full details of current situation...

2nd year result 2013 Lahore board

Best of Luck all the students of Inter part 2....

2nd Year Result 2013
John Goacher
Substantial poster

Postby John Goacher » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:43 pm

[1] Paint, paint, paint
[2] Learn by doing, watching others and to improve my paintings.
[3] Go out and meet artists, visit local art groups and exhibit this winter.

That should keep me busy for the next few months.
Jewel Carina
New poster

Postby Jewel Carina » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:25 am

I was in one art show earlier, but got discouraged because I felt like everyone else's stuff was better. Maybe I could try again.
Grandaddyearl
Postaholic

Postby Grandaddyearl » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:24 am

Entered three art competitions so far this year ( two 1st and a second). It's only taken 75 years to get there. When I started out at about three obviously I looked at what other people produced with great envy. By high school and a bunch of courses one improves by learning basis technique. By college one furthers an education in technique and starts to develop a "style" and a favorite medium or mediums and learns technique for each. I was then lucky enough to teach at the college level where I probably learned as much from my students as I imparted to them. This whole process can take place of course on your own but each time you do a new work you pile up experience and at some point you will develop confidence. You then will respect the work by others but you won't feel subservient to it. As long as you love what you are doing ( which it seemed you do) you will be just fine. When you get to my age you won't care what the public's image of art should be but you will learn what wins competitions and you will be able to go there if you choose. I don't know where you are in the cycle but keep charging. Apologize for being this long winded. Grandaddyearl
aar
New poster

Postby aar » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:49 am

I have a number of Beatles' portraits that I drew and would like to find buyer(s)....

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”