To top

I would love some critique or opinions on my art

Post your art here! Discussion and critiques of user-submitted artwork.
Divergent Creationz
New poster

I would love some critique or opinions on my art

Postby Divergent Creationz » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Hello to all the amazing artists,

I am new to the world of "freelance artist trying to sale her own art online" but not to being an artist. I have been drawing for over 30 years - both personally and professionally - but seem to be having very little luck selling any of my creations. I have them on many sites but cannot continually pay member fees, marketing fees, etc. I specialize in colored pencil work...mostly animals....but, also create mosaics (paper) and mixed media designs. I will attach some of my favorite pieces here. Please can anyone offer me advice, opinions, how to improve or market better...and on and on. I think I am quite skilled but no training. Other times, I doubt my abilities because of the lack of interest. Thanks, Tiffany[img]
Attachments
horse eye.jpeg
just a personal work - not for sale
cat collage for found myself.jpg
One of many with different animal groups
big eyes 3.jpg
one of many multi-cultural creations
Grandaddyearl
Postaholic

Re: I would love some critique or opinions on my art

Postby Grandaddyearl » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:12 pm

Don't be concerned as though your inability to sell on-line has anything at all to do with your art or abilities. They are super and most of us have no sales on-line. I used this forum to send to various galleries and receive input from various others in our profession. All of my sales have been through galleries who will work for around 1/3 of sales (not paid to handle my work) or privately through friends or business contacts or local displays in libraries, restaurants, or various business offices. The hardest to find but most successful in sales, however, is finding a gallery to work on a % of selling price. Do you or a friend have time to go to tons of galleries until you find the right one? Grandaddyearl
anthony
Extreme poster

Postby anthony » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:48 pm

My sales have always ever been by the old-fashioned way - stompin' the pavement. - galleries, commissions, private, being-in-the-right-place-at-the-right-time., . . :?

some advice? - Drawing skills, which you indeed have, are not all it takes. - go out on a limb and express yourself. Be yourself and let your creativity be the portal to your soul. Your expression is your artistic message to the world. A beautiful horse's eye is indeed beautiful, but what is the real message. I'm not asking you this, it is a question to ask yourself. Beauty and meaning is in the eye of the beholder.
I sold a painting of a chair (it's in my FM gallery) because a lady saw it hanging in the coffee shop and said: "GRANDMA'S CHAIR!!!!". It was the exact same chair that her grandma had when she was growing up.
Providence has a way of presenting itself at the most unexpected times.
Work hard and believe in what you do, then there is no way you can go other than the direction that you want.
All the best and hope to see more here.!! :) Tony
My Website

I am not great at anything - I am in a transition
Rebecca19
New poster

Postby Rebecca19 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:20 pm

I just admire your work!
pebbleinapond

Postby pebbleinapond » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi Divergent,
I love your art and I think it is very unique. I am very new to art myself and I do not have a very accurate picture of the field. However, I feel that so much depends on finding the right audience at the right time and the right place. Check out the Light Space and Time Gallery. They are an online gallery that accepts works from artists worldwide regardless of how much training they have in art. They have themes for their competitions and if you place, they market you and your art and provide a lot of coverage that you may not get by yourself. I feel that it is a good place to start, and I found it easy to participate in their competitions. Another one to try is CAGO (Contemporary Art Gallery Online Exhibitions). I found out about these here at Foundmyself!

Rain
quillingart
Passionate poster

Postby quillingart » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:05 am

I think your art is very unique so all the best I hope I can see more painting from you :D
http://tranhquilling.com Quilling - The art of Papers
http://tranhgiaysenviet.com Quilling Art Vietnam
CraigWilson
New poster

Postby CraigWilson » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:30 am

I like the cat 1

Return to “Art critique”