To top

Art Critique

Post your art here! Discussion and critiques of user-submitted artwork.
arbedenaj
Substantial poster

Art Critique

Postby arbedenaj » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:20 am

Have still not really had much feedback on my artwork, is there no one out there who likes my work?
Lorena Shiffer
Postaholic

Re: Art Critique

Postby Lorena Shiffer » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Hello there, the biggest obstacle to every artist is self judgement. Ask yourself: why do you want to create art? Does in make you feel wonderful in the moment of creation ? Do not allow self judgement to judge something done with the joy of the heart and creation. Looking at art from this perspective, realize that your creative genius lies within you inner child....now...... could you look at any child's artwork and then tell them it is not good enough? Why do we do that to ourselves? Your pieces convey your need to express angst with a visual representation. They come from a sense of fantasy and are visual representations of your journey. Sales is not the true judgement of our art. I have been having a daily personal struggle with why do I feel I have to "produce" art. Whenever I have an "idea" I tend to then break it down into time efficiantcy formula for mass production. I have since asked myself ... why do I have to create art to sell. Why could I not create just a piece or two of my vision for me to just enjoy and not sell. So you see .... you are getting the horse before the cart. A wonderful workbook would be "drawing on the right side of the brain" the exercises and the personal journey assignments will synchronize to draw you forward on your mission of self exploration and expression. Allow your self to build the skills you need to reflect your vision.
Best wishes,
the book changed my life and I only made it to chapter 6. The Synchronicity was so amazing ... I was sound asleep .... the phone rang ... I was offered the dream job of my youth. Now I am daring to dream a new dream and I know if I discipline my self to restarting my study of this book, It will only open new doors that I have not even dared to dream. Remember in art ...you dream and express without self judgement ... sale concerns only clouds the creative muse that drives you.
arbedenaj
Substantial poster

Re: Art Critique

Postby arbedenaj » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:23 am

Thanks Lorena for your feedback, very positive advice, I will continue to paint, knowing I should rest occasionally to give myself time to reboot, plus that is how I become inspired, when I leave it alone for a while, thanks again, and many happy paintings
Debra

Return to “Art critique”