To top

What is Art?

Post your art here! Discussion and critiques of user-submitted artwork.
Geektech
New poster

What is Art?

Postby Geektech » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:02 am

Hello Everyone,

An art is a way to express your feelings through colours. It is an imagination what artist tends to shows through his/her art. So according to you guys what is an art?

Thankyou!! :D :D
Grandaddyearl
Postaholic

Re: What is Art?

Postby Grandaddyearl » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:24 am

Art Maybe is whatever is in the eye of the beholder, you. If you define it as art who am I to say it's not. Therefor any effort can be art perhaps even if you are the only person who sees it.Not sure it has to evoke feeling or even tell a story or present an emotion except to the artist. Grandaddyearl
Aykid Tiger
New poster

Postby Aykid Tiger » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:07 am

Whatever we do... there'll be a secret ingredient. We might want to do something quite different. We all do things in our own way, like choosing this color and not that... or this shape and not another. We could call it a kind of language that is our own. These are just the sort of things that artists do. For me... art is a way of expressing ones soul.
kah wah tan
Passionate poster

Postby kah wah tan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:19 am

When I was younger in the 60's, it was easier to answer such a simple question. In this new age, I cant find an answer and accept it as part of the chaos in modern life....where the boundaries of things are continuously being blurred....
peter piette
Substantial poster

Postby peter piette » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:33 pm

"art is the manipulation of space by line and colour.and it's only necessity is light;it's hard to see in the dark(and yes black and white are also colours). peter
Grandaddyearl
Postaholic

Postby Grandaddyearl » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:25 pm

Pete, how about all music, the stature of David, dance? They should be art. I believe your statement on "black and white" by the way might read "white is a color (all colors), and black is the absense of color (all color)."
peter piette
Substantial poster

Postby peter piette » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:42 pm

"dear Gde:dance is a manipulation of space by the body of the dancer and colour is supplied by costume and background/music is most definitely lines and the colours are the sounds produced by the notes /David ;and all sculpture; take command of the space they're in ;imposing their lines with the colour of the material used.and although you think black is "no colour"(although I use it like any other colour)the white we have is only "all colours" in a prism.when you mix primary colours you get -the colour of mud. this is probably all I'll write on this -but thank you for your response.i wish more people cared about all the arts. peace/shalom/and love. peter
sue hazelton
Postaholic

Postby sue hazelton » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:26 am

Art...to me... is an artist, who takes his/her interpretation with a sense of desire, humor, passion, and love they perceive of; or from the world around them and portray it through ones particular medium of choice, be it through sound, sight, or sensation.
panistefanin
New poster

Postby panistefanin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:28 am

Thanks for the useful information! You helped me with advice!
moegottaknow

Return to “Art critique”