- › Netflix and Anime (3)
- › Last film you saw at the cinema? (37)
- › Newbie: Say what you will about my ... (3)
- › Which song will you recommend? (2)
- › favorite music (31)
- › past present future insert coin ple... (1)
- › Call for Art – Online Solo Art Ex... (1)
- › say your opinion about my artworks (3)
- › France, south coast. (1)
- › First attempt at a seascape (2)
I'm not saying it's a great painting or that speed is relevant but I stopped because
I was happy with the result. For me it's a great improvement compared to the paintings I've done earlier.
3 things I used in this painting that I have not played with before.
Real hair brushes, it gives a more dynamic visible stroke than the syntetic brushes I'm used to.
Smoosh around with my fingers. I found that smooshing is a simble and very effective way to separate sharp detail next to an either uninteresting area or a more distant area.
And palette knife. So far I have no idea how to work a palette knife so I just dapped here and there and tried foremost to use the sharp side to make blades and branches.
Feel free to give me hard knock critique. I'm a new artist so there's bound to be a whole lot of flaws and improvements to be made.
Just make it constructive
More of my paintings: http://www.mindgem.se
Yes, the water is too saturated, it was meant to be but it didn't turn out great.
The water doesn't flow well, or something with the perspective is not great. Overall it's a pretty bad painting but it was an upgrade for me. I'll keep at it. thx.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests