To top

A bit quiet on here at the moment !

Post your art here! Discussion and critiques of user-submitted artwork.
arthur smart
Substantial poster

A bit quiet on here at the moment !

Postby arthur smart » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:08 am

Here'so one to start the New Year....... Lost baby elephant. Acrylic on canvas board.
Lost !.jpg
John Marsdon Watkins
Passionate poster

Re: A bit quiet on here at the moment !

Postby John Marsdon Watkins » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:29 am

Good Morning , yes it is very quiet .I reviewed your work ,it is very interesting .I have not been very active on Fm for a while but your work caught my eye . I have been a member for many years but in the last few years it seems that most artist do not socialize like they used to . Talking shop was a great way to vent and learn . I am 78 so i have been at it a long time and enjoy .I have found that you do not sell to much on FM so you have to spread out into other web sites ,which i have done and do very well( GOOD SALES ) . If you would like a friend and share shop talk ,get back to me . John M. Watkins artist /model maker .
Artistview
Substantial poster

Postby Artistview » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi John,
I was reviewing some of your work and you do some very nice work. I noticed it's kind of slow on the forum. Reading your post you say sales are slow on FM. But your doing better on other sites. If you don't mind me asking what sites are you on? I don't really offer that may paintings at this time. I have a page on facebook, webstore, art-3000 and here. The only place I have some paintings for sale on is the webstore. That site is slow, I get a lot of views but no sales.

My problem is I'm disabled and funds are limited so joining sites that charge fees up front is out of the question for me. I'd say the best sites for sales are sites that charge up front fees, right? :)

I am taking new photos of my painting so I can also submit them on FM to offer prints. I am also doing some test recordings for video uploads on here. I like telling people about my paintings rather than just writing something they may not quite understand.
Look forward to hearing from you,

Bill aka Artist View
John Marsdon Watkins
Passionate poster

Postby John Marsdon Watkins » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:57 am

GOOD MORNING , i am happy to share with you . As a fellow artist i want to talk shop , share and especially for artist of our age to help each other to share our creations to the public . I have found that the most sales come from a group of people that have a special interest like NATURE , WATER SCENES , LANDSCAPES ,etc . First you decide what interest you ,then you create a page on Fb ,then you build friends that will follow you ,your work etc .Being sociable is the secret to success . NOW if you want to learn more ask me for Fb friendship and i will help you build you clients . I have 830 Fb friends that follow my work .We talk to each other Via chat ,this will work ,but it does take time to establish a following . My Fb name is John Marsdon Watkins , Your friend JOHN
Artistview
Substantial poster

Postby Artistview » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:21 am

I have an FB page for my paintings called Artist View Paintings. The page has 126 people that like it 2 people are from the USA my wife and my daughter the rest of my followers are from India. It seems people in India like my work for some reason. I even have one person that sends me messages now and then. The rest just view what I put on the page.

What I paint: landscapes and seascapes. I spent some time and taught myself how to kind of paint mountains like Bob Ross with acrylics. I also use some of his tips on how do paint clouds etc.. Of course being acrylics you need to do things a lot faster or it sets up on you. Then there's the wet on wet paintings you can do as well.

I also enjoy doing abstract and optical art. So I'm doing more abstract and optical style paintings.
HossFowkes
New poster

Postby HossFowkes » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:39 am

HI ALL

I'm Hoss and new here, i do the art because i enjoy it and for the fun @ relaxation. Have no interest in money even though I'm on a pension

8)
Artistview
Substantial poster

Postby Artistview » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Welcome Hoss

Return to “Art critique”