To top

What Category Selection?

Post your art here! Discussion and critiques of user-submitted artwork.
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster

What Category Selection?

Postby Bill Hewes » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi Folks,

I have a couple of paintings that I'm going to post here.

Because I need your help selecting the category the paintings fit in.

When we post a painting we select a category. But for me it's hard to say it fits here or fits there.

So is it Abstract, Expressionism, Other? Any help is welcome and thank you for your input.

bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: What Category Selection?

Postby bloodjelly » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:54 pm

Artistview wrote:Image link isn't working for some reason. Knowing me I did it wrong :oops:

Fixed ... here's the format for future reference (the URL bit is the link to the page, the IMG part is the link to the actual image file):

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.foundmyself.com/Artistview/art/broke/188791][img]https://www.foundmyself.com/gallery/albums/userpics/60089/normal_jbJFdMJnJD.jpg[/img][/url]

Anyhoo ... with the limited nuance there is in offering labels to art while keeping the sheer volume of options to something reasonable from a usability perspective, and considering the options here at the moment, I'd personally select "Other" for what it's worth. :roll:

Interesting piece, BTW.
Bill Hewes
Passionate poster

Re: What Category Selection?

Postby Bill Hewes » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:05 am

Thanks for the reply Blood.

I had it in Expressionism, because it's my expressing the working man breaking his back while the man sits back and smiles at the money he's making while in his big building.

Well that's my idea behind it anyway. Guess I came up with it because I have a bad back after working in construction most of my life. I broke my back while the boss was in his office.

Like they say paint what you feel and it will come out in your work.

Return to “Art critique”