- › Wanting to bond with someone.... (4)
- › Changed the font (9)
- › Upload improvements (1)
- › Hello all.. first introduction (16)
- › Radio Interview with Stephen J. Vat... (1)
- › Contemporary Art Gallery Online Ann... (1)
- › Full-length watercolor tutorial vid... (5)
- › Messages "stuck" in Outbo... (3)
- › Hand crafted, illustrated 'Zey The... (1)
- › Top 10 selling painting themes (1)
- oldchurch.jpg (49 KiB) Viewed 1811 times
If you answer yes to any of the above, then why not? Churches sell, so do reflections. And if you're doing it because you like the image, who cares if people think it's a cliche. Cliches only exist because people like and use them. Besides, you may be able to see a new angle: maybe paint from a new viewpoint, use a unique style or colour scheme, use symbols which seem unexpected, etc....
Go for it!!!
So, what medium are you going to use, and have you considered how you're going to paint it? Look forward to the results, be sure to post them here....
As to the color sketches... Pen and ink with oil pastel shadinghas been about my favorite tech. recently... else permanent marker and/or Watercolor crayons... If I'm not at work. (too much smell for work.)
And yes, once I get some more studio time, I'll post results... but right now it's just digi-pics and sketchbook.
Hope that makes sense.
Well, it will become a W/C (okay- acrylic on paper) this spring... 1st project I'm planning after finishing the Studio. Haven't done much real work, everthings going into studio or fund raising for studio. Not planning on sellting this one as an original either-- planning to test the waters of the local print market with it! (much higher long term return... can you tell I just went to an Art Marketing seminar?)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests