To top

Another oil painting

Post your art here! Discussion and critiques of user-submitted artwork.
GeneralElectric
New poster

Another oil painting

Postby GeneralElectric » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:45 pm

Please be completely honest
Attachments
LOUD.jpg
KateS
Substantial poster

Re: Another oil painting

Postby KateS » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:20 pm

I find there's too much depth in the wrinkles in palm of the hand, they're too dark. Otherwise I like the idea, looks like an old car plublicity.

If I understand well the car is coming from the card which represents a dream ?
GeneralElectric
New poster

Postby GeneralElectric » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:37 pm

actually i just added the clouds because i liked the explosive enegery they added to the painting... especially with the car flying out of them (and no, it's not a pic of a nuke going off, just a storm from above).

ever see the movie gran torino? ever notice how detroit was a sprawling and vibrant city at one point, back before we shipped all our labor over seas, and how it's now a wasteland that will probably be a ghost town within a decade or two? it's about that and the effects of reduced opportunities for americans. remember what sue said to walt about hmong men going to jail and all? of course tao doesn't go down that path thanks to the help he got from walt. but many of the other people in the neigborhood probably wouldn't be so lucky.

and i did want the hand to look worn and weathered. if i had made the dark areas lighter it would have made the hand look softer. try fiddling with it in photoshop to see what i mean. i think i'll be right.
KateS
Substantial poster

Postby KateS » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Ya your right, I tried to smoothed out in photoshop and it lost the old big size highway publicity effect . hmm sorry I don't think I saw the movie
Gary Dee
Extreme poster

Postby Gary Dee » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:07 am

I won't comment on your intentions here, but if this is truly an Oil painting, it is technically very well done. Great Job!
Art by Gary Dee
Gary Dee's Gallery
Gary Dee Wingo's Original Paintings Portfolio

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" *John Lennon*
Life is not about surviving the storm...its learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Art critique”