To top

a study

Post your art here! Discussion and critiques of user-submitted artwork.
Attila Levai
Passionate poster

a study

Postby Attila Levai » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi there,

This is one of my paintings of late. I did not have much time to work on it for it was done in school. I also know that I could still finish it up a bit more which I intend to do, and also will try to clean up the black spots on the skin.

What do u think?

LA

lady 3.jpg
All the credit goes not to the one who possesses a talent but to the One who gave it all.
Gary Dee
Extreme poster

Re: a study

Postby Gary Dee » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:11 pm

I really like it so far, Levia! :shock: Superb!! Am very eager to see the finished painting!
Art by Gary Dee
Gary Dee's Gallery
Gary Dee Wingo's Original Paintings Portfolio

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" *John Lennon*
Life is not about surviving the storm...its learning to dance in the rain.
leighquigg

Postby leighquigg » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:43 pm

hello, i like your style, lots of brush strokes, keep it up, like to see where you go from here.
Attila Levai
Passionate poster

Postby Attila Levai » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:04 am

Thank you guys!

Even if I say finish I did not mean to change the style if the strokes just to extend the painted area and change the color black to a darker skin color.... But maybe I will get into more detail, will see.

Anyway, we are about to travel now (tomorrow) to visit my in-laws in California and also my sisters in Oklahoma, so I won't be able to paint more on it until a month later.

thanks guys again,

LA

Gary: my name is Lévai ;) you wrote something else ;) but that is okay, and also that is my family name. Just call me by my first name: Attila, or Ati. In Hungary we write first the family name then ... well the first name.... sounds funny in English. :lol:
All the credit goes not to the one who possesses a talent but to the One who gave it all.
BogStandad
Extreme poster

Postby BogStandad » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:23 am

Hi there, Lévai Attila,

The models right hand side looks well to me and the light is good but the left hand side looks like it is painted in a different way so looks like a different painting, like two painting joined together but I know it's not. Life drawing is difficult with time constraints that's why it's good practice, when I looked closer I realised what you was meaning about the black, my advice would be throw the black paint in the waste bin. Black paint seems to kill everything and doesn't look natural, it grabs your eye disrupting the flow or at least that seems to be what it is doing in your painting. The actual figure shape and proportioning looks good, and seems like you have captured the pose.

Thanks, BogStandad.

Return to “Art critique”