To top

A recent arylic, per your request

Post your art here! Discussion and critiques of user-submitted artwork.
brnystrdy
Substantial poster

A recent arylic, per your request

Postby brnystrdy » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:34 pm

Here is my most recently completed acrylic.

This is of the Llano River.
Attachments
Llano River.JPG
Llano River.JPG (39.35 KiB) Viewed 2860 times
brnystrdy
Substantial poster

Postby brnystrdy » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:12 pm

Okay, so this time the 4th time was a charm...finally got the image to post. Whew!!! :oops:
Sunny
Postaholic

Postby Sunny » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:22 pm

Wonderful landscape & beautifully composed & executed! I love how the water leads you gently into the landscape and I really like the pallette. :D
Art in Soul Studios
http://www.geocities.com/sunny4art
The soul has reasons that reason cannot fathom.
CoffeeAndSmokes
Postaholic

Postby CoffeeAndSmokes » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:54 pm

Horizontal balance is great :D
Perspective is good :D

Can I critique ? :wink:

My only critique is there are no established focal points. Usually if I compose a painting with a distant focal backdrop, I would try to emphasize the foreground. Whether it might be more detail, or adding a spot of cadmium colour. Adds emormous perspective to your work. Also, a "point of interest" does enhance landscape paintings.
A common mistake that artist's tend to make (including myself on occasions) is to lead the viewer's eye out of the painting. Usually the main culprits are rivers & trees. I can see that your river does not do this, it leads the eye back to the the horizon.
Above all, the composition is well balanced and executed :D

Coffee & Smokes :D
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:26 pm

Good tips CS -- my eye seems to go straight to the river, then eventually to the mountain in the background. Would making the mountain bigger create a focal point? I think your colors work well and there's a lot going on in the details to hold my interest. Good job! :D
rebus
Postaholic

Postby rebus » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:15 am

Good points by everyone else so far. Lovely colours, great sky and good perspective. Again, need for a focal point or something to stop the eye.... almost looks like there's something bottom left....?...
Any of my reference photos may be used to create artworks as long as they are acknowledged in the normal way.
brnystrdy
Substantial poster

Postby brnystrdy » Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:42 am

Thank you all for your reponses.

And, CS, critique is more than welcomed. Thank you for being gentle. And, thank you for explaining what is necessary make it better, rather than just pointing out the mistakes.

Often, one can tell there is something wrong or lacking, but, doesn't know what it takes to 'fix' it.

Rebus, the lower lefthand corner? That is my signature, it doesn't reallystand out that much in real life.

BD
BenSmith
New poster

Postby BenSmith » Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:07 am

Excellent piece! Great use of colours. It reminds me alot of the Impressionist's work. Very good :D

Ben
brnystrdy
Substantial poster

Postby brnystrdy » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:57 am

thank you, thank you all.

Return to “Art critique”