- › Oil painting - Autumn River (8)
- › Watercolor Pencil Painting (4)
- › New oil painting (9)
- › Full-length watercolor tutorial vid... (3)
- › Just in a Blah mood can't paint (6)
- › Hello to all at Foundmyself.com (5)
- › International Call for Artists for ... (1)
- › favorite music (38)
- › Oil painting techniques (3)
- › Highest Rated Piece (3)
This is of the Llano River.
- Llano River.JPG (39.35 KiB) Viewed 2814 times
The soul has reasons that reason cannot fathom.
Perspective is good
Can I critique ?
My only critique is there are no established focal points. Usually if I compose a painting with a distant focal backdrop, I would try to emphasize the foreground. Whether it might be more detail, or adding a spot of cadmium colour. Adds emormous perspective to your work. Also, a "point of interest" does enhance landscape paintings.
A common mistake that artist's tend to make (including myself on occasions) is to lead the viewer's eye out of the painting. Usually the main culprits are rivers & trees. I can see that your river does not do this, it leads the eye back to the the horizon.
Above all, the composition is well balanced and executed
Coffee & Smokes
And, CS, critique is more than welcomed. Thank you for being gentle. And, thank you for explaining what is necessary make it better, rather than just pointing out the mistakes.
Often, one can tell there is something wrong or lacking, but, doesn't know what it takes to 'fix' it.
Rebus, the lower lefthand corner? That is my signature, it doesn't reallystand out that much in real life.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests