To top

new acrylic painting

Post your art here! Discussion and critiques of user-submitted artwork.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: new acrylic painting

Postby bloodjelly » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:45 pm

It's definitely an eye-catching piece. Gary makes a good point about the light, and the other suggestions are great as well. One thing to my eye that doesn't quite work is that the highlight on the tree is almost pure white, but the sky (which is rad) implies it's dusk or dawn, and I'd expect some of that color to be thrown onto the tree, even subtly. Fun piece thanks for posting 8)
Huggertwo1
Postaholic

Postby Huggertwo1 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:51 pm

It is also a strong looking tree the by the way. :D
If you are going to do something do it right or don't do it at all.
http://www.foundmyself.com/gallery/index.php?cat=32940
Tom
Substantial poster

Postby Tom » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:39 am

I really enjoy the sky. I really enjoy the tree and the grass. I feel as if I am looking at a tree in another place. Maybe it did not have leaves. maybe the leaves are underground with the roots. Whatever is missing I can imagine. I enjoy using my imagination. it is a strong painting. It suggests that I need to keep looking for more.
Uriel14
New poster

Postby Uriel14 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:35 pm

i agree with Gary for the most part on this one. you have a lot of contrast between subjects but your lights and darks on the tree are not mixed, it looks like (from the photo you posted) on your tree all of the shadows are on one side and all your darks on another, personally i would try making a constant low-light on the tree's right side for more definition and outline. it your piece as Leonardo Da Vinci said “A work of art is never finished. It is merely abandoned.” it might never feel done but sometimes doing more work kills an otherwise solid image
julianchou11
New poster

Postby julianchou11 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:22 am

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you
The best program to use is an inpatient treatment program. This is a program that is offered by most Alcohol Rehabilitation Arizona centers.

Return to “Art critique”