To top

Portrait

Post your art here! Discussion and critiques of user-submitted artwork.
Yaroslav
Substantial poster

Portrait

Postby Yaroslav » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Guys, would you be so kind to express a few words of citique on this picture.
Attachments
4.jpg
www.zelo.org.ua It may be worth to believe again that you are an Artist too!
Huggertwo1
Postaholic

Re: Portrait

Postby Huggertwo1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Hello,
My humble opinion. All in all it looks like a great portrait. You have your own style of brush work. The coloring and lighting ok. When I look at a portrait if anything looks anatomically awkward it stands out. The thing that is standing out to me is the guy's left arm. I wonder, when I'm looking at the art, where is the top part of his arm. Is it resting on the pretty ladies back or is it behind the flowers. In proportion to his other one it feels like it wants to show somewhere. Like maybe both arms in front across his chest holding the ladies free hand.
Anyway it's a great portrait which shows you have skill. And that's just my opinion there might be another artist here with more knowledge on portraits than me. Ok so good work keep going be positive :D
P.s.
Your gallery is full of wonderful art. I enjoy the flowers the most...reminds me of some of the great artists of history. Your art compares to  Vazyl Tropinin. Your portraits are more "realistic", while his such as "a girl from pidillia", is more expressionistic.

A Girl from Podillia
Author: Vasyl Tropinin 1840th
If you are going to do something do it right or don't do it at all.
http://www.foundmyself.com/gallery/index.php?cat=32940
Gary Dee
Extreme poster

Postby Gary Dee » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:48 am

Hi Yaroslav.

In my opinion, "portraits" are about faces. So unless someone's head is resting in their hand, the hand is as irrelevant as the background. (to me)

Although there is nothing by which to compare the two faces, I believe you have managed two very extraordinary portraits. To me their expressions speak a thousand words. I believe you have achieved a remarkable piece of art. I find no critique in any real sense. Well done! :D

BTW....If they are still around, my bet is that they are well pleased with your work. :wink:
Art by Gary Dee
Gary Dee's Gallery
Gary Dee Wingo's Original Paintings Portfolio

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" *John Lennon*
Life is not about surviving the storm...its learning to dance in the rain.
Lisa Lappi
Passionate poster

Postby Lisa Lappi » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:51 am

You did as great job keeping it colorful, textured, soft and realistic! Great job! I personally think you should keep it just the way it is! Amazing work!

Lisa

Return to “Art critique”