- › FM updates on the way (5)
- › Dumb and very fertile (6)
- › Drawing tips before oil painting? (9)
- › the surreal life (11)
- › Watercolor Pencil Painting (11)
- › International Call for Online Art C... (1)
- › Imagination Distorts Reality, Myth ... (1)
- › Reach website vs Other websites (4)
- › Digital art from photos (9)
- › New oil painting (16)
N.B. I plan on measuring the dimensions of my paper works this weekend.
I think the composition of Dragonfly 5 is quite strong, along with most of your other works. I like the abnormal dimensions that you are using. You monochromatic pieces are great. I think your strongest works have a varied amount of texture from thick lines to fuzzy imprints.
I would maybe experiment with adding hints of colour to pieces. I used to make works that were very monochromatic without realizing it. One of my art teachers told me to experiment with adding in different colours. I find that I have a greater range of colours, even if it is just subtle. Not to say to stop making white and black drawings, they have a merit in themselves.
I finished school a couple years ago, and I wish I found this forum right after I graduated. The transition from art school to not being in art school is difficult. You lose that community and usually you lose some motivation. This website is a great way to have an art community again and to get some motivation back.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests