Please enter a valid username

Show Please type a password

Forgot your password?

Please enter your username

Please enter a valid email

Show Please type a password

Lost your password? Enter your email address to reset it.

Please enter a valid email

Back to log-in

Close

New watercolour to continue series

Post your art here! Discussion and critiques of user-submitted artwork.
Emily Read
Passionate poster

New watercolour to continue series

Postby Emily Read » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:32 pm

I've started a new painting to continue on my latest series. (If you'd like to see the first two paintings from the series, check out my watercolour album: http://www.foundmyself.com/Emily+Read/albums/watercolour/14654)

I'm still working on the blue one. I'd like to hear what people think of them. I'm open to criticism, so tell me what you really think. But of course if you like it let me know - I could use the encouragement.
Attachments
water.girl.progress.jpg
feather.girl.progress.jpg
Erin Schopke
New poster

Re: New watercolour to continue series

Postby Erin Schopke » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Wow! Love the new one. If I'm honest, I find the face to be strange... Beautifully strange though! I do think the mouth seems to exist on a different plane than the rest of the face. It looks closer to parallel to the surface, whereas the plane the eyes are on looks like it would intersect the paper. That may make zero sense. If so, sorry for wasting your time. That being said, I realllllly like the feathers. Even though I think feathers are very trendy, you used them in a very non-cliche way. Keep the paintings coming!!! I want to see them. :D
Emily Read
Passionate poster

Postby Emily Read » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:06 pm

Erin Schopke wrote:Wow! Love the new one. If I'm honest, I find the face to be strange... Beautifully strange though! I do think the mouth seems to exist on a different plane than the rest of the face. It looks closer to parallel to the surface, whereas the plane the eyes are on looks like it would intersect the paper. That may make zero sense. If so, sorry for wasting your time. That being said, I realllllly like the feathers. Even though I think feathers are very trendy, you used them in a very non-cliche way. Keep the paintings coming!!! I want to see them. :D

Thanks Erin! I totally agree with the mouth thing - it makes sense don't worry. That helps a lot since I'm still making minor adjustments to the proportions. It's a lot easier to change in the early stages. I'll keep more coming. After these two are done I'm going to debate continuing on with the series.
Andoreza
New poster

Postby Andoreza » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:20 pm

I really like the blue one. Has a mysterious feel to it.

Andy
Kat Dermane
Substantial poster

Postby Kat Dermane » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:31 pm

Emily, I love the fluidity of these two paintings. These two paintings show that women don't have to be unclothed to be beautiful. Keep up the good work!
Emily Read
Passionate poster

Postby Emily Read » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:08 pm

Andoreza wrote:I really like the blue one. Has a mysterious feel to it.

Andy

Thanks Andy, that means a lot. I've been a bit uncertain about the blue one, still working on it.
Emily Read
Passionate poster

Postby Emily Read » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Kat Dermane wrote:Emily, I love the fluidity of these two paintings. These two paintings show that women don't have to be unclothed to be beautiful. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Kat! I appreciate the motivation :D

Return to “Art critique”