To top

painting dreams

Post your art here! Discussion and critiques of user-submitted artwork.
6anthony66
Substantial poster

painting dreams

Postby 6anthony66 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:50 pm

What's your take on this piece being called finished? im not really stuck (plenty of ideas) but this is all that was in the place in my dream. so I personally would call it finished regardless of how compositionally imbalanced it is
Thanks
Anthony Sunday
Attachments
best.jpg
jack scott
Substantial poster

Re: painting dreams

Postby jack scott » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:29 pm

It's your call :)
" It's only when you are able to free your mind can you hope to expose your soul." Jack Scott
anthony
Extreme poster

Postby anthony » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:19 pm

It is not compositionally imbalanced, if you say it isn't, because it is for you to decided. Others may feel the urge to judge technically, but that sort of feedback does not encourage growth.
This painting is very interesting because I can see that there is a story to your painting. The story could be abstract or surreal, and this is the way that you found to express yourself. It has certain meaning to you, and it most surely has different meaning to someone else, like me - it reminds me of something in my childhood.
My Website

I am not great at anything - I am in a transition
putut agus
Substantial poster

Postby putut agus » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:10 pm

wow,, amazing dream projection become real on canvas,,,
6anthony66
Substantial poster

Postby 6anthony66 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:20 pm

hey guys sorry it took so long to reply ive been very busy!
thanks for the feedback I enjoy hearing what such talented artists have to say about my work, well im gonna get back to this new painting im working on and I will post some pictures up of new work real soon!
Anthony Sunday
silkroadgame
Substantial poster

Postby silkroadgame » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Sky in the first image is very beautiful!
ericmeikle
Extreme poster

Postby ericmeikle » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:59 am

Its finished when you say its finished as its your painting and your dream, as for imbalanced I would disagree. But then I am not trained, just know what I like. I like the space it lets my imagination take over. E.
Eric Meikle

Commisions welcomed
The Art of MEM
Substantial poster

Postby The Art of MEM » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:21 am

I understand your concern about the composition being unbalanced. There is a lot of empty sky and the viewer's eye simply skips that and looks to the bottom, where there is some interesting stuff going on. It's a subjective thing, however, and there is no right and wrong to it. If you want people to spend more time looking at it, though, something to direct the eye around would help, even if it's something small, like a couple birds in the sky. That being said, I wouldn't add anything you feel doesn't belong because then it's uninspired. It looks really good as it is!
katiejakilyns
New poster

Postby katiejakilyns » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:12 pm

:D painting omg love it sooo much. I had a painting dream once and then i ended up painting the actual portrait lol in real life. It was a red tulip with an orangey tannish background. Like a sunset background. It looked really good and my brother ( who is very judgmental )gave me props. Im still not a pro yet, but i like to call myself a 'pro in progress'.
:D :mrgreen: :| :| :mrgreen: :twisted: n nn nnn
:D im just a free bird exploring all my options in life, i love reading dictionary stuff, painting slabs of stuff, and enjoying the nature surrounding me :D :D :D :D

Return to “Art critique”