To top

New artist

Post and view comments about the art in the galleries and art in general.
zeuslight
New poster

New artist

Postby zeuslight » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:22 am

As a new artist what should we expect? What should we do? Sure we have our talent but how can we use it to bring new comers to see it?
Grandaddyearl
Postaholic

Re: New artist

Postby Grandaddyearl » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:12 am

There's a question we probably all have and I bet many of us have tried numerous directions. Involvement in local art groups, competitions, display at local restaurants, businesses, with other public venues. Connection to local and major galleries if accessible. On line display of all kinds including web sites which at least exposes your name. Brokers who can get you involved with museum display and completions. Email distribution lasts, etc. Bragging to your friends, teaching classes , donating work to various charities establishes auction results which could be higher than normal sales, etc.which can establish a market for your work. Establishing a book of your work for distribution to galleries , interior designers, architects and other design professionals who handle interiors may help. I am sure many folks on this site have many other suggestions but everything is a possibility. While I have not tried it, standing on a major highway with a picture over my head may draw attention to ones work or getting local papers to recognize your work could be helpful. Grandaddyearl

Return to “Visual arts”