To top

Art contest - Toys

Post and view comments about the art in the galleries and art in general.
fnax
Substantial poster

Posting my drawing

Postby fnax » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:42 pm

Here goes my drawing - the only toy in it is a football - the most wanted toy in my country - Brazil - by all children. Only, in a context of misery and sorrow. The broken (and mended) leg and the boy staring are metaphors - so, this is not a happy message, but it's quite true in my country.
Attachments
habemus.jpg
habemus.jpg (47.3 KiB) Viewed 3993 times
pynnhead
Passionate poster

your work is cool fnax

Postby pynnhead » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:00 pm

Your work is really cool fnax, one of my drawing styles is similar to yours.
http://www.scottpynnart.com

Blood, Sweat and Paint.
fnax
Substantial poster

"I love your dark waters..."

Postby fnax » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:25 pm

"I love your dark waters and sparkling skys, how the snow falls so white"

Your paintings remind me of Giorgio de Chirico, or Yves Tanguy - two surrealist painters I deeply love. In a place such as yours, it's no surprise your work is so weird and mysterious - really beautiful!!!

FNAX
"... and the sun always lies."

:D
fernando naxcimento
http://papauummowmow2.blogspot.com/
"I'm not a coin-operated man." (thanks, Dresden Dolls)
TUNER
Substantial poster

Jacks in Space

Postby TUNER » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:57 pm

Well, here goes my after-surgery-attempt to at least try to be creative enough to enter this contest! Since I can't really draw right now, I applied a few photoshop skills to a crazy thought I had. It's called "Jacks in Space".
(It's funny what pain killers make you think of sometimes!)
There's no story along with this one. I wanted to draw something, and I did what I could with what I had. 'Nuff said!
Attachments
Jacks in Space.jpg
Jacks in Space.jpg (36.16 KiB) Viewed 3927 times
jmckelvin
Postaholic

Postby jmckelvin » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:16 am

Is there a limit to how many pieces one person can submit? I have two but if I can only submit one I'll finsih my drawing and submit that.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:13 am

Quinzel wrote:Is there a limit to how many pieces one person can submit? I have two but if I can only submit one I'll finsih my drawing and submit that.

Hey - sorry for the late response. There's no limit to the number of entries you submit, but since the entries are going to go up for public voting, there's a chance that if you submit more than one piece you'll lessen your chances of winning. I know...so complicated :roll:
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

DEADLINE EXTENDED

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:15 am

You've been busy - it's the holiday season, things are hectic - so the deadline for the contest has been extended to January 9th. Hope that takes some pressure off :)
susansgone
New poster

Entry for Holiday art contest

Postby susansgone » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:23 am

I've newly discovered Found Myself, and I'm happy to be here.

I'd like to submit my illustration of the toy She-Ra for your consideration. THere isn't much of a 'helping others" story behind it, except, perhaps a very small, small aspect in the idea of the conception of the piece:

I had a lifelong friend who was in an emotionally abusive relationship, and watching her devolve from an enthusiastic and enigmatic woman into a submissive, scared little girl that ran to meet every need of the new "man" in her life was sickening.

Watching this, after all the years that I had known her, was very difficult. Especially since she refused to see any other angle on the situation.

These were the dolls that we used to play with when we were growing up in Colorado. I am in NYC now, but when I thought of her a couple years back, I was moved to begin a revised illustrated series of a doll that was centered around a very strong, very independent and beautiful woman and her friends: She-Ra.

Anyhow, that's my story. I had created several other illustrations of other dolls from the line and the series is titles "She-Ra, ReVamped!"

I hope my friend learns that she can revamp too.

best,
Susan
http://www.popfantastic.com

[/img]
Attachments
Adora-Unadorned.jpg
Adora-Unadorned.jpg (35.18 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
xymonau
Substantial poster

Postby xymonau » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:13 am

My medium is photography, and the photo is a juxtaposition of a crying baby with a grinning toy in the background. Although the quality isn't perfect, I thought it was a good capture.
This image is freely offered for download in my gallery at sxc.hu and has been used online in many places.

Here is one link:
http://www.neostream.com/

Since it has had over 300 downloads, I'm sure it has been used in many places other than those of which I am aware.

I'm having a lot of trouble working out how to get an image up here, sorry. I hope this works.
xymonau
Substantial poster

Postby xymonau » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:16 am

Oh, dear - ignore the link in there. I obviously pasted the wrong one. LOL Now I can't find the site I meant to post. Slaps forehead and walks away, shaking head.

Return to “Visual arts”