To top

Art Contest - Motion

Post and view comments about the art in the galleries and art in general.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Art Contest - Motion

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:31 pm

Show us what you've got!

Contest Theme: Motion.
Medium: No restrictions.
Deadline: February 6th, 2004.

For more info and prizes: http://www.foundmyself.com/html/artcontest_motion.htm

Good luck! 8)
xymonau
Substantial poster

Abstract Motion - Dance

Postby xymonau » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:57 pm

I made this from a photograph I took and edited, using PhotoImpact tools and filters. I hope some others join in. :D
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:03 pm

Great colors and movement. I can't imagine what the original photo might have been, though. Flowers? Good job :)
xymonau
Substantial poster

Postby xymonau » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:41 am

Thanks, BJ. It was a very blurry photo of two tiny pale purple flowers on a weed. I had the camera too close, even though I had Macro selected. I was going to ditch it, but I cropped it and played with the image first, inverting, painting with luminosity, and other things. I finally highlighted the pale yellow in the centres. Looked more like a bad drawing. I was trying to make an abstract for this challenge, so I applied some filters, and voila. I am not very creative, nor can I draw or paint, so I may be out of place in this particular forum with real artists, but I'll give it a try if the medium is open. I just enjoy participating.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:45 am

xymonau wrote:I was trying to make an abstract for this challenge, so I applied some filters, and voila. I am not very creative, nor can I draw or paint, so I may be out of place in this particular forum with real artists...

Bah! No way :D Your post proves you're creative and talented. And the best way to learn is to do, so post anything you want and know that there will be people here that appreciate your gutsiness and will help you out if you need it.
Sunny
Postaholic

Postby Sunny » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:59 pm

Xy-Does that mean you don't think photography is art? If you aren't talented you wouldn't see anything to shoot! :D I like it and I'd like to see some of your photos! I love macros(try a tripod).

Anyway, here's my first entry and I hope to shoot more but this is a macro photo/Sculpograph. Shot for this contest!
Attachments
The_Edge.jpg
The Edge
The_Edge.jpg (37.33 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
Art in Soul Studios
http://www.geocities.com/sunny4art
The soul has reasons that reason cannot fathom.
Sunny
Postaholic

Postby Sunny » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:08 pm

Well, since all is open to interpretation I have a strange entry I did yesterday. My camera will shoot in solarization mode and I did some set-ups that I thought were rather sucessful-I guess I'll soon find out if my interp works for you.
Attachments
E-Motion.jpg
E-Motion
E-Motion.jpg (23.58 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
Art in Soul Studios

bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:40 pm

Sunny - seeing your art sure rips apart expectations. I never know what's going to show up next. I like the glassy feel of your sculpograph and its blend of basic colors. My eyes popped a little when I saw your second entry. After a while I finally figured out (did I?) what it is, but on the first look I saw a fallen person buried in crushed earth and an alien landscape. Neat effect 8). It's the end result of having too much motion, maybe. Damn kinetic energy.

To you and everone else - be sure to up your pics (higher resolution, please :) ) to the gallery if you'd like others to vote on them and see them.
Sunny
Postaholic

Postby Sunny » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:16 am

Trevor-Ah yes you probably figured it out. No secret it's a baby doll from my childhood laid in the snow and taken in very bright sun in solarization mode. I didn't describe my intent cuz I wanted to get a reaction to it first. I took the pic in a foreshortened manner to get a long gradient background effect to play up the atmospheric nature and the motion is supposed to come from the viewer in the form of Emotion! :lol:But I like your take "on the end of extreme motion!" Baby half buried I guess can spur many emotions for different reasons. I have some very personal emotions involved in this one as usual. :lol: Glad you found it interesting!
Art in Soul Studios

xymonau
Substantial poster

Postby xymonau » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:59 pm

Sunny, they're wonderful! I particularly like the doll, and the solarization effect is stunning in this! You've really claimed a style with your sculpographs, and they'd look good anywhere.

I have only a little cheap camera, so you won't be seeing great works from me, but I'll get better at it, and hopefully some day I'll do some things I really like. In the meantime, I just have to practise.

This is probably answered elsewhere, so if you can give me a link or something to the answer I'd be grateful. How do you post to the gallery, and what resolution is required? And how do you post something the way Sunny did? Thanks for your patience. :roll:

Return to “Visual arts”