To top

Art Contest - Transportation

Post and view comments about the art in the galleries and art in general.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:12 pm

OK the contest is officially over. Awesome entries again, and some new faces which is always good.

The winner of this contest is Johan-Nieuwborg (only took a year for a post! ;) ), with his inventive sculpture. Great details on the eyes of the "vehicle" and driver. To me it could be the little man with the wheel and compass in all of us, changing our direction without our direct control.

There were lots of nice entries, so picking second place was tough once again, and this time there's a tie: Sunny's carnival ride and Gothtwinz funny comic (Express Elevator to Hell). They're both really successful. Sunny - how long was your exposure? I like the motion, composition and colors. Goth - I'm a sucker for cartoons, being as it's the only thing I can draw halfway decently. The expressions are great. Be careful who you ride with, huh? :twisted:

Rez - That your car? Now the link is b r o k e n! (See 6th post down) so I can't see the entry anymore! Anyway, is this around Davis? Nice wreck.

Ladybug - really cute. Nice job catching her expression in motion.

Mag - Neat vehicle, and good find for this area.

Zen - Nice pics. I like the train one especially. What exactly did you edit?

Alright that's it, till next time. :D
sumthingzen
Postaholic

train editing

Postby sumthingzen » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:09 pm

Blood- in answer to the question what did I edit, more manip than edit...

Increased the line strenght, increased grainieness in the colors, and mixed with a line only and a B&W image to increase shading... the overall effect was a bit dark, so I then faded out the sky and lightened/faded the B&W layer.

Basicly I was trying to get a comic book looking image from a clear digi-pic... It's also a technique I use to test photo refrences when begining a painting, looks more like what I will do on a canvas than a clear photo ever could.
gothtwinz
Passionate poster

Postby gothtwinz » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:02 pm

:twisted: Huuzzah!! I've finally won sumthink!!! Congrats all round to all the entries!! Sunny: loved the ride shot you took...and Sums train, talk about express elevator to Hell, if you darkend the sky in the background it would be spooky as Hell! Cue eerie 50's UFO music!!
Johan-Nieuwborg
New poster

I love it!!!

Postby Johan-Nieuwborg » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:34 pm

Thanks!!!!!!!
I am from Belguim (Europe) :D
I think i wil come more to your site...fun.
I am not so good with english so....i am not a lot om the forum.
I like the black T-shirt XL.
And if you like to come to Belguim let me now.

Greetings

Johan Nieuwborg
Koning Albertstraat 87
3290 Diest Belguim
[email protected]
http://johan-nieuwborg.exto.be/
Attachments
Johan galerie Lubeck 600.jpg
Johan galerie Lubeck 600.jpg (24.86 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:46 pm

I'll send the shirt first thing tomorrow. Hope to see you around the site, if not Belgium.

Return to “Visual arts”