- › What if there is no virus ? (16)
- › Virus (1)
- › On the Theme of Dreams (5)
- › Watercolor Pencil Painting (9)
- › Miniture hand crafted furnishing's ... (1)
- › Hi, this is my latest Stop motion a... (3)
- › Darth Vader Pizza (1)
- › What do you think of "Avatar&q... (47)
- › rhinoplasty in bangalore (1)
- › Disasters, Random Events, or the Ha... (1)
Gary Dee wrote:What is "ear of folk art"?
"Era." (I'm guessing). Interesting trend, though, Owl. That style (folk art, rustic chic, etc) has been popular in mainstream stores for a pretty long while now, where it's mass produced and obviously not made by average "folks." Maybe that has something to do with it, plus the fact that everyone who wanted a piece pretty much has one, since typically it's on the less expensive end.
The surrealists were the group that introduced the idea of folk art, but they were interested in the work of the mentally ill and untrained as more direct access to the subconscious. But there is a line between appreciation and exploitation.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests