To top

Filling the need for new, odd, weird, music.

Who's your favorite?

What's the Newest, Oddest, Weird or Old music you've heard. From any country or time.

Do you think todays music is in a rut ?
46%
Do you think music is growing?
54%

Total votes: 13
Fillysembrace
Substantial poster

Re: Filling the need for new, odd, weird, music.

Postby Fillysembrace » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Definately MSI : Mindless Self Indulgence ... .some people may say this band is weird but I like some of their songs.

HU : Hollywood Undead isnt weird music but the band is really new. They started getting famous this last year and they had music and albums two years ago already.
~ <3 * MissCertainty * <3 ~
yourstruly365
Substantial poster

Postby yourstruly365 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:18 pm

I really like Hollywood Undead! They are somewhat new and great!
"Only through art can we emerge from ourselves and know what another person sees. "
anthony
Extreme poster

Re:

Postby anthony » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:43 pm

DrayeArt wrote:Or you can pop the Beach Boy's Good Vibrations in the stereo.

a good example
My Website

I am not great at anything - I am in a transition
revenuemanny
Substantial poster

Postby revenuemanny » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:27 am

I skipped reading after the lesson on theramins and decided to post what music i like to listen to. To many people, dubstep and dNB music genres are foreign sounds to their virgin ears but i have to admit, the music has something going.

If you are reading this then it was meant to be. Hurry. go to bassdrive.com for a live radio stream or go to dubstep.fm for some live shows, too. Dont miss out! Go. What are you waiting for?
findyourbeat
Substantial poster

Postby findyourbeat » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:13 pm

oh, how I love weird music. I listen to just about every genre of music and always love to find new bands. I especially love the bands no ones ever heard of before :D

the airborne toxic event, angry chiwawah, THE APPRECIATION POST, arcde fire, BEIRUT, the black dahlia murder, blue october, bob sinclair, the bravery, the ceasars, CAKE, chicago eight, CRYSTAL METHOD, dead kennedys, DEVENDRA BANHART, devotchka, dropkick murphys, flogging molly, franz ferdinand, FROU FROU, hard-fi, iron & wine, justice, KATE NASH, KENNA, LILY ALLEN, louis XIV, mark ronson, matisyahu, MIKA, MIKE DOUGHTY, minus the bear, neutral milk hotel, no use for a name (nufan), nofx, placebo, porcupine tree, the presidents of the united states of america, PRIMUS, rammstein, ramones, she wants revenge, silverstein, skillet, tegan and sara, thom yorke, TIM ARMSTRONG, vampire weekend, XAVIER RUDD, the automatic automatic, ghinzu, kaiser chiefs, mgmt, stackers, HARRISON FJORD, forging reverie, autumn sky, the van allen belt, MODO FORTE (my friend's band), whitiker forest, blue oaks, prozak band, musical charis street team, lonely london lad...

...just to name a few :D

Joss
"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
"When the power of love is greater than the love of power the world will know peace."-Hendrix
Buckyball

Postby Buckyball » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:43 pm

I think music these days is not in a rut - just the opposite, to the point that it can be hard to find something new that you like because there is simply so much out there. Luckily though, the internet not only lets you find music through associative programs like pandora, but it is easier than ever to hear a song before buying it.

If all else fails, a great music store often has some gem hidden away: I checked out a store in my area (I just moved in). I picked up an album from the 60's acid-rock band Pisces: A Lovely Sight. Never heard of them? They never actually put out their album, till 2009. Check it out, especially if you like the 60's stuff (very Beatles-y) but thought you had heard it all.
anthony
Extreme poster

Postby anthony » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:35 pm

listen to CBC late night if you want to hear weird stuff - it is great - -
My Website

I am not great at anything - I am in a transition

Return to “Music”