To top

Do you play?

Who's your favorite?
coltoncantwell
New poster

Re: Do you play?

Postby coltoncantwell » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:26 pm

Debbie Adams wrote:Image to FM. Checked out your work; you're very talented.

why thank you ... i really appreciate it.
Debbie Adams
Extreme poster

Postby Debbie Adams » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:54 am

No problem, it was my pleasure. Just jump right on in these treads and join us. We have a really nice clan here. Become part of our FM Family. :D
Gary Dee II
New poster

Postby Gary Dee II » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:18 am

I have finally updated my profile (with Dad's help)...now have albums etc...added a couple of tunes...I play the drums, guitar, bass, piano, and sing...let me know what you think...all songs written and arranged, recorded by yours truly... GD II
"Living well is the best revenge, so give 'em hell..." -Gene Simmons
Debbie Adams
Extreme poster

Postby Debbie Adams » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:19 pm

I checked out you gallery, and you're a wonderful artist with tons of talent. You have a lot going for you. Nice of your dad to help you out. He's likes pretty well around here. :D
Oh, almost for got. The link you have in your Artist Bio, opens a "404 File not found", with the messages "The page you requested on FameCast.com could not be found." Just thought you might want to know so you can decide what you're going to do.
Welcome aboard, and hope to see much of you around here. :D
anthony
Extreme poster

Postby anthony » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:27 pm

i checked it out too and it sounds great. Okay, here is another one of mine, about my Dad it is in my music gallery, i don't know how to link it straight there yet . . .anyway, hope to get some feedback - i am not a singer, but i thought that no one else could really sing it for me. Okay, i figgered it out :
http://www.foundmyself.com/gallery/disp ... pos=-36727
My Website

I am not great at anything - I am in a transition
Debbie Adams
Extreme poster

Postby Debbie Adams » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:21 am

That was fantastic, Tony! You did a great job; your father would be so proud. And God too! :D You should post music more often to your gallery. 8)
dustymyers
Substantial poster

Postby dustymyers » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:52 am

Finally a topic I can respond to! :)

I was/am a classically trained musician. I play the clarinet, trumpet, and bassoon. I toyed with the piano and guitar but I just couldn't get into them. What's funny about this is I'm the only one in my family and my husband's family to be interested in the music side of life! My sisters all have some type of degree in Art and my husband and most of his brothers do to! I'm currently helping the music department at my school (I'm a Reading teacher, go figure) with their program because I miss it so much.
--Kayla
mauiclay
Substantial poster

Postby mauiclay » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:12 pm

I like to mess around with the guitar, drums and piano, its good for the soul!!!!
alanminshull
Extreme poster

Postby alanminshull » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:20 pm

bloodjelly wrote:Just wondering if anyone plays an instrument here that they never mentioned. I played bass clarinet for about 10 years, drums for 4, and a little piano. Today I tried to play clarinet after a three year hiatus and I was squeeking a little more than usual, but I was surprised I remembered the fingerings and notes so well. Maybe I'll keep playing and try to get back in old form. So what do you guys play? What's your favorite instrument?

Well Trevor,

About three years ago after much deliberation and love for the sound that a particular instrument makes, I bought a 5 string Bluegrass banjo:)

I slowly began to learn how to 'Pick' at those strings and felt most comfortable with the Earl Scruggs technique of using three fingers and a thumb and managed to play Cripple Creek.
Perhaps the most famous Bluegrass song of all is 'Duelling Banjos, from the weird backwoods hillbilly movie Deliverance. I learned how to play this slowly.
Then as fate would have it, I became so utterly broke that I had to sell my beloved Banjo but now Ive found a full time job, im saving up again for a damn good one:)
"Why do we call our planet, planet Earth, when it is almost entirely covered in water"? Arthur C. Clarke.
Rachel
New poster

Postby Rachel » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:51 pm

I play piano/organ, bass clarinet, harp, and violin, but my favorite is singing.
Rachel

"Art is when you hear a knocking from your soul - and you answer. " ~Star Richés

Return to “Music”