To top

Norah Jones

Who's your favorite?
paradox
New poster

Norah Jones

Postby paradox » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:59 am

I was raised on jazz and r&b. Both my parents play in jazz groups, so naturally I listened to it a lot and have developed a taste for it.

One new vocalist to arrive is Norah Jones. http://www.norahjones.com/

While many classify her as Jazz, her music and style defy an accurate definition of the way her music ranges through the dynamics of C/W, pop and blues.

Worth a listen.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:53 am

She really has a nice talent - good mix of voice and general musical ability. Didn't she win 8 Grammys or something last year? I haven't listened to her too too much but my dad goes nuts for her, which is good since it gets him farther away from Linda Rondstadt.

What instruments do your parents play? Do you play? I've done bass clarinet for 10 years and drums for 3, but mostly in traditional wind ensembles. Haven't played for a few years though, I wonder if I still can :roll:
rebus
Postaholic

Postby rebus » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:46 am

one word description: class
Any of my reference photos may be used to create artworks as long as they are acknowledged in the normal way.
paradox
New poster

Postby paradox » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:42 am

What instruments do your parents play? Do you play?

My dad plays a sax, mom likes to think she is a virtuoso on the piano while none of my talents currently include the ability to play an instrument.
Bobby
Substantial poster

Postby Bobby » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:19 pm

Jones' has an amazing voice...She brings alot of freshness to a music industry that is seriously lacking alot of talent.

quick fact, her father is the indian sitar legend Ravi Shankar...who my parents also knew when then lived in Iran...he was pretty popular worldwide.
Magnolia
Passionate poster

Postby Magnolia » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:33 pm

I don't know why but her song Sunrise makes me a bit misty eyed. I love her voice, she's a bit of a crooner (that's the right word right? it seems right but then you say it to yourself over and over and it becomes acompletely different sound). Her dad and George Harrison collaborated on a couple albums, don't ask me which.
Why don't you go play with your CHEMISTRY SET?!

Return to “Music”