To top

My Haircut in 1987

Who's your favorite?
lookingatthebigsky
Extreme poster

My Haircut in 1987

Postby lookingatthebigsky » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Just for a bit of fun, this is young me playing guitar with NYC post-punk rockers The Children's Zoo back in 1987

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JEYMOD2tfI

Funny what you discover when you google your own name.
Last edited by lookingatthebigsky on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evie
Extreme poster

Re: My Haircut in 1987

Postby Evie » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Ha-ha, God isn't youtube great all the same!! I think you were the least of the hair offenders in that video - although there is still a large question mark over that shirt :lol: :lol:

You must have had a blast being an Irish guy in a band in NY, and in the 80's - it's great you have that little memento :D
lookingatthebigsky
Extreme poster

Postby lookingatthebigsky » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:09 pm

Evie wrote:Ha-ha, God isn't youtube great all the same!! I think you were the least of the hair offenders in that video - although there is still a large question mark over that shirt :lol: :lol:

You must have had a blast being an Irish guy in a band in NY, and in the 80's - it's great you have that little memento :D

Yes is was a dream come true. Hard to believe it happened really.
lookingatthebigsky
Extreme poster

Postby lookingatthebigsky » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:19 pm

FFS, once you start looking you can't get away from that haircut. It's all over youtube. It's like swineflu or something.
Last edited by lookingatthebigsky on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheThirdEye
Substantial poster

Postby TheThirdEye » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:30 am

Ha! you think you were the only one, think I spent hours blowdrying my hair upside down to create my spiky look, think my boyfriend at the time wore more make up than me (well it was the eightees!) great vid though, nice bit of nostalgia, hair and all..:) smiles
freakyfingers
Postaholic

Postby freakyfingers » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:25 am

The reel to reel, is that an old Richie Blackmore trick? LOL ya'll rocked! 8)
lookingatthebigsky
Extreme poster

Postby lookingatthebigsky » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:31 am

The reel to reel was the drummer. We could never find a drummer who could play the beats we needed so we used a drum machine instead and we put the drum track on a reel to reel for live gigs. The drum machine was called Gregory.
anthony
Extreme poster

Postby anthony » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:57 pm

lookingatthebigsky wrote:Just for a bit of fun, this is young me playing guitar with NYC post-punk rockers The Children's Zoo back in 1987

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sezLI96-qeA

Funny what you discover when you google your own name.

Thomas, this is very much like the Cure, a band I happen to like very much. What happened to The Children's Zoo? - looks like you had some success. . .
My Website

I am not great at anything - I am in a transition
lookingatthebigsky
Extreme poster

Postby lookingatthebigsky » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:07 am

Well spotted Anthony, the Cure and especially Siouxsie and the Banshees were a huge influence. We did alright within a certain scene within NYC. We just all eventually went our own way and around that time I was more into playing folk music. I had met this Russian girl and we moved to Austria for a bit before and then I went back to Ireland for a bit more. When I got back to NYC I wanted to study graphic design and had lost interest in playing music.
anthony
Extreme poster

Postby anthony » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:45 pm

Thomas, during the time I was in art school in Vancouver I was getting more and more into the music scene here. I was in a multitude of bands and had some mild success - shared rehearsal spaces with the likes of Age Of Electric and Pure, two Vancouver bands that got signed. But I was intimidated by the 'machine' because I felt like it was a sell-out. . .and the drugs were a red flag too . . .(that is a story in itself)
So now I still very much play music and record in my own home studio. Perhaps I will persue the stage again some day.
Seeing your videos really did give me that ichy nostalgic feeling that I could have gone that way - but I guess that maybe we all follow the path that is meant for us . . .
My Website

I am not great at anything - I am in a transition

Return to “Music”