To top

Lord of the Rings

Movie discussion.
Lubiana
Substantial poster

Lord of the Rings

Postby Lubiana » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:35 pm

I realize these movies are older now, but they are still my all time favorites! :D
And it has to be clear
Inside my head
And I'm still in a dream
In a dream that won't end

Part of Me, Part of You ~ Finn Brothers
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:50 pm

Totally, these movies are lots of fun. I never got into them quite as much as some people, but for a series they really keep up the momentum and excitement well. And the New Zealand scenery is insane!
Lubiana
Substantial poster

Postby Lubiana » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:31 pm

AUUUUGGGHHH! Talk about jealousy! LOL! :D That is SO COOL that you worked the LOTR premiere. I ADORE the movies and PJ and all the fantastic Kiwis in the movie. Hey, are Kiwis and Maori the same thing or different. Please excuse my american ignorance.
And it has to be clear
Inside my head
And I'm still in a dream

Lubiana
Substantial poster

Postby Lubiana » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:31 am

Kiwi is a bird? I thought it was a fruit! :lol: I think it's very cool that you are part Maori! What does your name mean? Do you know the language?
And it has to be clear
Inside my head
And I'm still in a dream

Lubiana
Substantial poster

Postby Lubiana » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:35 pm

Wow, I know what you mean about your family chatting away and you just sitting there. My family is Hispanic but I never learned Spanish, so I really do know what you mean. We used to go to a Spanish church and my sisters and I had to sit there, not understanding a word. I think it's cool that you know a few phrases. :)
And it has to be clear
Inside my head
And I'm still in a dream

mtv65
Extreme poster

maori

Postby mtv65 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:29 am

caitie did you see the movie "once we were warriors"? It made such an impression on me and the actors were brilliant. Did not like the no 2 that much.

These last 5-10 years Norway has had to really take a close look at what we have done against the sami and even more the romani people over the years.
Only a few years ago the prime ministor had to publicly appologise on behalf of Norway to the romani for all the awful things that were done against them including taking their children away, forced sterilization and even lobotami in some cases were used to try to force them to live like the majority society. Such an appology and the right to conpensation does not change what has been done but is important anyway because it puts the blame and the responsibility where it belongs.
When I teach the holocoust and WWII I always try include info like that because it is so easy to think that astrocities were something of the past which only the bad bad nazies did. Almost every western country had programs which were in attitude not that far from the nazi's attitudes about
Life begins at 40, Right? At least my life as an artist did.
pettyboyflow
New poster

Movies

Postby pettyboyflow » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:47 pm

Yeah, lord of the rings.. it's a great movie.. specially my idol SEAN BEAN.. i'm always updated of his movie, this year, he had a movie OUTLAW, and will be released in Cinema next month.. March 9.. i've some details of his movie..i'll give the link: http://www.gloucester.gov.uk/outlaw
url: http://media.putfile.com/Outlaw-trailer

don't miss it guyzzzzz!!!!!!

Return to “Movies”