To top

Last film you saw at the cinema?

Movie discussion.
shewalks
Substantial poster

Last film you saw at the cinema?

Postby shewalks » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:29 pm

So everyone what was the last film you went to see at the cinema?

Mine was 500 Days of Summer a few days ago. Really different take on the old romantic comedy genre, probably more true to life. It was very sweet and funny. At first I thought it might be a little depressing having read the synopsis but it ended with a hopeful message.

So fire away! :)
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: Last film you saw at the cinema?

Postby bloodjelly » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:51 pm

I heard 500 days was good, it's just tough for me to find motivation to see romantic movies. Typical guy I guess. :roll: After the fact I usually like them well enough, it's just the getting there that's the problem. Anyway the last one I saw, and was unexpectedly impressed with, was Inglourious Basterds. Total movie candy but not without a solid core, and I'd definitely see it again.
mentalpony
Postaholic

Postby mentalpony » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Just came back from seeing 9 actually - typical Tim Burton movie...really weird but cute anyway. Still not sure if I quite get the point of it, but I think it will warrent a Netflix rental in the future.

Really looking forward to Alice in Wonderland!
" If I could see it better just using my eyes... I'd do it better to start with" - SharsArt
"If I have not love, I have nothing"
http://www.mentalponyportraits.com/
shewalks
Substantial poster

Postby shewalks » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:19 am

Alice in Wonderland looks soooo good! Tim Burton has such a distinctive style. I adored Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...not just because Johnny Depp was in it *swoon*. Delicious to look at and so witty (the film I mean :wink: ). Oh but that's another thing I like about Tim, he always casts the yummy Johnny Depp hehe.
mentalpony
Postaholic

Postby mentalpony » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:49 am

And his wifey Helena - she was great in Harry Potter and Tom Sweeney!

Yes Johnny has a thing for Tim Burton films doesn't he?
" If I could see it better just using my eyes... I'd do it better to start with" - SharsArt
"If I have not love, I have nothing"
http://www.mentalponyportraits.com/
andy tetlow
Extreme poster

Postby andy tetlow » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:07 am

Land of the lost i watched last..it was ok...but put me in a dark place with comfortable seats and it only means one thing...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :lol: :lol: :lol:
andy tetlow
"I would walk a hundred miles to punch a camel on the nose" -Pedro Gonzalez, cousin of Speedy

http://andytetlow.blogspot.com/
http://www.reverbnation.com/sumit
alanminshull
Extreme poster

Postby alanminshull » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:12 am

I love Tim Burton movies, and will be playing 'The Nightmare before Christmas' again this year or the Corpse Bride....
Why oh why didnt Helena Bonham Carter end up with Johnny Depp, or vice versa; the pair of them are made for each other? lol

Last movie I saw at the cinema was Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, not at all like his other movies because Sheila La poof or whatever his name spoiled it, and Mr Ford is old now..

The Best movie I have ever seen in the cinema is still 'Jurassic Park' (original) When that T-Rex roared, the whole building shook haha But Spielberg is my favourite movie maestro.
"Why do we call our planet, planet Earth, when it is almost entirely covered in water"? Arthur C. Clarke.
Melanie Fillio
Substantial poster

Postby Melanie Fillio » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:43 am

The last movie I saw was Up over the summer with my fam. It was cute but it had some pretty sad parts for a movie that came off as funny in the previews. I actually teared up and it was an animated film!
shewalks
Substantial poster

Postby shewalks » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:35 pm

thranax
Substantial poster

Postby thranax » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:57 pm

The last movie I saw was Ponyo. It was great for the art and the way it was made! I always loved Japanese styled manga and anime, so this story really appealed to me.

~thranax~
I am an artist and freelance writer, check out my articles:
Thranax's Profile
Popular:
5 Great Graphic Design Programs Pixeling Art

Return to “Movies”