Please enter a valid username

Show Please type a password

Forgot your password?

Please enter your username

Please enter a valid email

Show Please type a password

Lost your password? Enter your email address to reset it.

Please enter a valid email

Back to log-in

Close

Movie discussion.
alanminshull
Extreme poster

Postby alanminshull » Sun May 09, 2010 1:54 pm

Please go and watch this movie if you haven't already seen it... For me, it closely resembled the constant tug of war between land developers and the Native American Indians.. It is a beautiful movie, Joyful and also sad in parts, filled with action and excitement and has a wonderful ending...
The movie has a message; that nature and its sacred places should be revered and protected, indigenous cultures left alone...
This is James Cameron again at his finest....

Alan

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRdxXPV9GNQ&feature=relmfu][/youtube]
Last edited by alanminshull on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Why do we call our planet, planet Earth, when it is almost entirely covered in water"? Arthur C. Clarke.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Re: Avatar - I recommend it....

Postby Carson Collins » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Avatar was really excellent - best time I've had in a movie theater in recent memory - and I'll also agree that the "message" was a great one.
Of course the visual artistry and imagination that went into making the special effects were breathtaking, and probably will remain so even after all movies are 3-D.
As you point out, it is also quite obviously the "Cowboys and Indians" theme that was so tediously overworked back in the 40s and 50s. (I was a kid in the 50s and still have trouble making myself watch a "Western".)
On the other hand, the plot is quite formulaic: it's The U.S. Cavalry v.s. the Natives, the Natives win, and the guy gets the girl. (I wish they had done more with the guy getting the girl thing, but you lose a lot of money if you don't get that PG rating.)
Also, one is left with the feeling that, just like in the European conquest of the Americas, they'll be back, in greater numbers, and with more firepower.
ericmeikle
Extreme poster

Postby ericmeikle » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Could not agree more brilliant movie, even with the silly specs, now got it on dvd and have rewatched a few times :D
Eric Meikle

Commisions welcomed
Tracie Skarbo
Extreme poster

Postby Tracie Skarbo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:01 pm

I love Avatar it is one of my all time favorite movies! :) Absolutely brilliant!
skyline1241
New poster

Postby skyline1241 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:07 am

alanminshull wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1_JBMrrYw8&feature=related

Please go and watch this movie if you haven't already seen it... For me, it closely resembled the constant tug of war between land developers and the Native American Indians.. It is a beautiful movie, Joyful and also sad in parts, filled with action and excitement and has a wonderful ending...
The movie has a message; that nature and its sacred places should be revered and protected, indigenous cultures left alone...
This is James Cameron again at his finest....

Alan

Such a very amazing link!
alanminshull
Extreme poster

Postby alanminshull » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:25 am

It still fascinates me, the romance, the emotion, the action, the message, i'm going to watch it again tonight LOL :D
"Why do we call our planet, planet Earth, when it is almost entirely covered in water"? Arthur C. Clarke.
MiChelleAngella
Extreme poster

Postby MiChelleAngella » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:19 am

That movie gave me great feelings, it was just beautiful..
I've watched it twice already..
and collected a number of the avatar posters..

[I need to get used to wearing the 3D shades though, I find it a turn off when a movie is in 3D]
chrissbenn
Substantial poster

Postby chrissbenn » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:37 am

i recommend it too. Avatar is all time biggest movie. movie is full with adventure and action. and the 3d nature seen in this movie is one of the best work in the whole hollywood industry..
breakfast
New poster

Postby breakfast » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:09 pm

it's a cool movie and the technology is very good
remanjot
New poster

Postby remanjot » Sat May 21, 2011 2:57 am

Avatar is the best movie of 2010. i love to watch this movie.

Return to “Movies”