To top

Sims 2

Tricks, tips, titles and taunts. bleep bleep bleep!
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:10 pm

HoorayForSeymour wrote:I heard from ModTheSims2.com that they are making The Sims 3. I can't find any information on it yet, so I don't think it'll be released anytime soon. I can imagine how awesome it will be :D

What they need to do is have the money your character makes sent to your house every two weeks. I mean damn, all this work and I don't even get to watch my 120" flat screen?
HoorayForSeymour
Postaholic

Postby HoorayForSeymour » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Yeah, that would be nice lol. Especially if it counted for the money I get from the cheat motherlode. My sims always have the best stuff :D
ryguydavis
Postaholic

Postby ryguydavis » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:23 pm

I did get sucked into the Sim black hole once.. actually my little brother is playing it on the PS2 right now. Funny how all my sims ended up looking alike cause I didn't want to stare at freaky look people for hours hehe.

I don't know anything about Sims 3, but right now the big project actually is called Spore (was going to be called Sim Everything). The idea is that you start out on a microorganismal level and work your way up to galactic empire. Slightly different than Sims, granted, but it goes from arcade-like (micro level) to Sims City-esque and then to sandbox where you get a UFO and can go all over a literal galaxy messing with other planets. Though I am not a fan of Evolution as a truth, it makes a great game premise and heck it's just a cool idea. Either way though I am eagerly awaiting the release :D
Here's a video of it's awesomeness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmJRBsdc5r0
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:51 pm

Spore looks almost too in-depth, too time-consuming. The idea sounds good but the scope might be too large. I personally like games that are more focused. Remember El-Fish? You could grow and breed fish and decorate a fish tank. That game was pretty fun. Somewhere between that and spore is just enough for me. Otherwise I'll have no time to make my real galactic empire.
ryguydavis
Postaholic

Postby ryguydavis » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:03 pm

Well hey then you might like my games. Being a one man development team I can't produce much more than minigames, which seems right up your alley. Haha as I am homeschooled indepth games are fine by me.

http://www.creativeink.davisfamilycreat ... /games.htm
HoorayForSeymour
Postaholic

Postby HoorayForSeymour » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:09 pm

I got the Pets expansion for Christmas! I have a kitty now :). I named her Keebie after the cat I had growing up. It's so fun once you teach them not to destroy everything lol.

I'm also making sims from Passions. I figured since I can't watch it anymore, I'll play them! :D If anyone is interested, I'll post some pictures of them as I finish them. They're not perfect, but so far Ethan looks awesome!
DrayeArt
Extreme poster

Postby DrayeArt » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:46 pm

bloodjelly wrote:
AzHisoka wrote:I've never really been into Sims 2.. I'm more of a SimCity fan hehe. Sims just seems so bland and uninteresting, just like real life =)

Do you know when they're coming out with a new version of Sim City? I used to love that game 8)

I used to play the hell out of SimCity 2000. I'd spend hours on the infrastructure(plumbing, electric, railways). I think I set some kind of population record, because I was never able to get it up that high again. There was supposed to be a deal(I think on computer) that after a certain population level, aliens landed in your city.

Another one I used to play was Railroad Tycoon. But they never came out with any sequels in my format. The only games I have now, are Madden, and I've beat them to the point of boredom.
NEW TUTORIAL: GET ANIMATED CLICK HERE
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:39 pm

DrayeArt wrote:
bloodjelly wrote:
AzHisoka wrote:I've never really been into Sims 2.. I'm more of a SimCity fan hehe. Sims just seems so bland and uninteresting, just like real life =)

Do you know when they're coming out with a new version of Sim City? I used to love that game 8)

I used to play the hell out of SimCity 2000. I'd spend hours on the infrastructure(plumbing, electric, railways). I think I set some kind of population record, because I was never able to get it up that high again. There was supposed to be a deal(I think on computer) that after a certain population level, aliens landed in your city.

Another one I used to play was Railroad Tycoon. But they never came out with any sequels in my format. The only games I have now, are Madden, and I've beat them to the point of boredom.

Railroad Tycoon got boring fast, at least for me. The best sim game other than sim city I've played was the original Roller Coaster Tycoon. Ridiculous addicting.
DrayeArt
Extreme poster

Postby DrayeArt » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:50 pm

Most of the games now, are shooters or fight games. Strategy games(mainly money) are extinct. I enjoyed building up those fantasy empires of wealth. The shoot/fight games actually bother my eyes and give me motion sickness. When I play Madden, it's usually in Manager mode so I can out-greed my opponent.

Another one I used to play, that was pretty trick was Parasite Eve. Now that thing was addictive.
NEW TUTORIAL: GET ANIMATED CLICK HERE
HoorayForSeymour
Postaholic

Postby HoorayForSeymour » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:56 pm

Those first person games make me kinda sick too. I don't play them, but sometimes I watch my boyfriend play.

I played Rollercoaster Tycoon I think it was, with a friend a long time ago. I remember everyone throwing up after getting off the rides :lol:

Return to “Video games”