To top

What do you think?

Post your art here! Discussion and critiques of user-submitted artwork.
Sunny
Postaholic

What do you think?

Postby Sunny » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:19 pm

I did a little selective desaturation on a few pics recently-I posted one to the gallery and thought I'd post one here to see what you think. I think it turned out pretty well because of the texture of the gravel in the bg.
Attachments
Image108.jpg
Image108.jpg (35.07 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
Art in Soul Studios
http://www.geocities.com/sunny4art
The soul has reasons that reason cannot fathom.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:42 pm

Great job, Sunny! :D I'm big on digital manips as you may or may not know, so this is right up my alley. Those flowers really zing, and the background is very effective I think, too. Did you alter the colors of the flowers at all?

I checked out your gallery posts and the one that struck me the most (though the frog is pretty funny :lol: ) was the Bergamot flower.
Sunny
Postaholic

Postby Sunny » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:38 pm

I didn't alter the flowers color at all . They are some kind of weed that grow all along our roadsides and I just think they are lovely!

That Bergamot is an awesome flower hey? It is so unusual_ I planted them last year & they spread quickly and are about 2 1/2 fet tall! They have a very strong scent kind of mediciney like camphor or something so the deer don't eat them. :D

Thanks for your comments-you are a dear. :wink:
Art in Soul Studios

brnystrdy
Substantial poster

Postby brnystrdy » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:32 pm

I love this. I love the contrast of the colors, the textures in the photo you selected.

I am in awe of people do great photography and your manipulation of it is awesome.
I don't think I wil lever tackle anything to do with photography (other than snap reference photo), technology intimidates me. I decided for me, it would just be easier to paint. :oops:

Love your work.
BD
Sunny
Postaholic

Postby Sunny » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:17 pm

Funny, I sculpt and taKe photos but I can't draw a lick! :( :) So I guess we are a mutual admiration society as I am always amazed at people who can paint too! It's a mystery to me... :D
Art in Soul Studios

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:00 pm

Great subject focus, sunny. Love the contrast !! :)
BenSmith
New poster

Postby BenSmith » Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:15 am

I really like this. The pink with the grey is such a good combination of colours.

Ben :D
sumthingzen
Postaholic

desaturations? cool!

Postby sumthingzen » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:28 am

:lol: Wow. this is an exelent job, and the choice brings the image together with a clarity that just feels almost too real, great impact.

Return to “Art critique”